Noob DIY Ridgeline Organizer

Thought I'd give the whole DIY a try, but start small until I get the hang (no pun intended) of using a thread injector. I made a stuff sack or two a few months ago, but nothing worth sharing. This ridgeline organizer is pretty basic, mainly sewing practice for when I receive the IX and other materials from BWDD to make an UQ. I'll add some gg tabs and velcro when it arrives to finish it off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    Looking good, Homer!
    It's kinda funny, I keep seeing people post these (pretty nifty) organizers with pockets for their wallet, keys and cellphone. When I'm in my hammock, those 3 things are almost assuredly nowhere near me, since I'm out in the piney woods. Vehicle key and driver's license go in a pocket that never gets used, either on my person, or on my pack, and cellphone usually is off, in the pack.

Not bashing your creation, by any means, Homer. It just occurred to me when I saw your organizer.

PF
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

Not bashing your creation, by any means, Homer. It just occurred to me when I saw your organizer.

PF[/QUOTE]

No offense taken, PF. I used them mainly to show the size of the pockets, but do tend to use pockets for those items on scout campouts.

Hammock
    HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    MJB w/DIY doors
    Insulation
    DIY Insultex UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hks
    Nice job it looks good. I just finished my first DIY project pack cover/gear hammock a few days ago and then went on and posted my IX UQ as well. Doing the pack cover helped me a lot in learning how to use my wife’s thread injector. Just like rjcress wrote about his UQ I had to use a lot of pins and take my time. All in all I was happy with how it turned out.

Hammock
    DIY FrankenBird + 5 other DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Ogee, etc.
    Insulation
    IX UQ & TQ +fleece
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Looks good, PH.
    How are you going to attach it to the ridgeline?
    "I keep telling myself that if I make perfect seams, nobody will believe that I made it... " -JohnSawyer

My outdoor gear review site http://gear-report.com
    Gear reviews, DIY / MYOG projects, Outdoor gear discounts, sales and coupons updated daily

Quote Originally Posted by rjcress View Post
    Looks good, PH.
    How are you going to attach it to the ridgeline?
    Gonna add some grossgrain tabs and velcro on each end. Tonight's project is my first DIY HH clone hammock following Knotty's instructions.
    I have the whoopies already made, but in blue. I ordered black amsteel, and I'll swap out when I make more whoopies.

• + New Posts