Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    awaiting our little one to arrive... so no travel or hanging for me, for awhile.
    i'd be up for something in the spring. (bugs! and mud!) depending on where it is.

Hammock
    Trecklight Double
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    U.S. Poncho Liners
    Images
    Southern Vermont area but I'm not set up to winter hang. I'm a cool breezer at the most,LOL!

Maybe Next year, LOL!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I'm in California for the winter but will be back to upstate NY next summer. I think we're long overdue for a Northeast rendezvous. Up in the Adirondacks after black fly season would be a possible suggestion. There are tons of beautiful lakes up that way. On the other hand, I like to travel and there are many great spots throughout New England. Something to think about.

Miguel

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I'm in California for the winter but will be back to upstate NY next summer. I think we're long overdue for a Northeast rendezvous. Up in the Adirondacks after black fly season would be a possible suggestion. There are tons of beautiful lakes up that way. On the other hand, I like to travel and there are many great spots throughout New England. Something to think about.

Miguel
    lake lila is one of my personal favs. you can walk in - but its better to canoe in. here it is in google maps...
    been there with 1 other person (twice), and also to do an 8 person group camp with friends - on an island - primitive camping only, bear baggin' (we had one come into camp!) canoes and kayaks, depending on time of year it an feel quite remote.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    homemade
    Insulation
    GG ThinLight
    Suspension
    rings and webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by landcruzr View Post
    unfortunately I'm out of the loop for a while- I have atleast 6 weeks left of recovery time for an ankle injury that required surgery- Although I am in a walking type brace- I'm not sure workmans comp or my employer wants to hear that out hiking since I have been out of work for a couple months already- but spring time is right around the corner- and hiking should prove to be some good therapy!!!!
    ouch!! hope you recover quickly!!

yeah that might be a bit awkward explaining to your boss where you were while picking pine needles out of your hair....

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    homemade
    Insulation
    GG ThinLight
    Suspension
    rings and webbing
    Images
    hey bmike, that sounds like a nice place - lets put this off until early-mid spring (when does black fly season "officially" start? - early may or so?) when most of us will be more comfortable and healed

we are most definitively due a NortherN HangouT - i'm jealous reading these posts about people getting together 10-15 hours away!!!

talk to you all soon -

Go hang a yankee

I'm in NE CT too, grew up in central MA...didnt think too many other yankees were around this forum. Nice to know I'm not alone up here!

Christian

I'm in eastern MA. Not set up for winter hanging, either, but I would like to get together in warmer weather and see everyone else's setups.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    pure_mayhem and I are talking about getting together this Spring.

I am going to Monadnock State Park sometime in early March to test my new gear and see how I do in cooler weather. The park is close to home with an easy bail-out plan.

If anyone would be willing to join me to help me setup the hammock for my first hang, I'd greatly appreciate it.

- JT

I'm hoping to be able to get out sometime in mid april- dont think I can do anything earlier than that- but will keep everyone posted if I do get out so ya'll know when and where- always nice to meet new people

Smartcarpie, have you ever been in the breakneck area- did a couple quick weekends in there last year

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast