WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Some pics of the UQP in action. Really added some warmth by wind blocking.

http://neelands.smugmug.com/Nature/R...DSC03123-M.jpg

http://neelands.smugmug.com/Nature/R...DSC03216-M.jpg

Third pic, with a wide thermarest pad in the sleeve of my Wbbb. You can see how high it can go, and how you can tighten the central portion using the cord lock.
    http://neelands.smugmug.com/Nature/R...DSC03309-M.jpg

A great product, well-made, and good value for money. Very happy with it.

Next trip I'll try that idea of using it over the hammock...

Hammock
    Northwoods Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben wdoor
    Insulation
    Hammock gear incub
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutchw
    First Donna and hubby are a great team. Donna works very hard to get us all the great products for our hammocking. I appreciate her. One thing i'd like ot ask is, being an ultralighter in as many ways as i can, I try to have lightweight dual purpose items. I was wondering about having this made in black nobul 1 or something. I have a black 11' northwoods hammock and this product would be nice for so many things. I wonder if the model on the site would work with an 11' hammock, i am guessing it would because i am still only 6' tall. If i got the fabric to you would you accommodate me or offer another fabric option that is super lightweight?
    Reasons i like this product:
    Donna makes it
    Adding clothes or raw insulation between layers for warm weather
    Protecting underquilt in lower temps.
    Flip it over and make it an over quilt in real cold temps. Not sure if that has been thought of.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosman View Post
    First Donna and hubby are a great team. Donna works very hard to get us all the great products for our hammocking. I appreciate her. One thing i'd like ot ask is, being an ultralighter in as many ways as i can, I try to have lightweight dual purpose items. I was wondering about having this made in black nobul 1 or something. I have a black 11' northwoods hammock and this product would be nice for so many things. I wonder if the model on the site would work with an 11' hammock, i am guessing it would because i am still only 6' tall. If i got the fabric to you would you accommodate me or offer another fabric option that is super lightweight?
    Reasons i like this product:
    Donna makes it
    Adding clothes or raw insulation between layers for warm weather
    Protecting underquilt in lower temps.
    Flip it over and make it an over quilt in real cold temps. Not sure if that has been thought of.
    ...ZQ here...First, thanks for the kind words. We work hard to please!

I can't answer your question about nobul 1 accurately because we haven't seen, in hand, this fabric. It looks like it might work. My question would be durability because it is so light. You should check to see if there are others more familiar with this fabric.

The UQP is designed to cover an under quilt, not the length of a hammock. The shock cord on both ends of the UQP should be long enough to reach the hammock suspension. If you have a extra length custom made underquilt, I can add length to the UQP.

The UQP isn't designed to hold weight, although, there have been a few that have used it as such.

In cold temps, I'm not sure you would want to take it off the underquilt and flip it over the top because...the UQP will add some warmth to your underquilt by helping to keep the warmth in the underquilt, from leaving the UQP. It also will help shield any wind. There have been some that have talked about using the UQP on top of the hammock, but I can't remember who they are, or how it went.

Any other questions, let us know.
    Donna
    Last edited by 2Questions; 02-10-2013 at 19:18.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Northwoods Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben wdoor
    Insulation
    Hammock gear incub
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutchw
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    ...ZQ here...First, thanks for the kind words. We work hard to please!

I can't answer your question about nobul 1 accurately because we haven't seen, in hand, this fabric. It looks like it might work. My question would be durability because it is so light. You should check to see if there are others more familiar with this fabric.

The UQP is designed to cover an under quilt, not the length of a hammock. The shock cord on both ends of the UQP should be long enough to reach the hammock suspension. If you have a extra length custom made underquilt, I can add length to the UQP.

The UQP isn't designed to hold weight, although, there have been a few that have used it as such.

In cold temps, I'm not sure you would want to take it off the underquilt and flip it over the top because...the UQP will add some warmth to your underquilt by helping to keep the warmth in the underquilt, from leaving the UQP. It also will help shield any wind. There have been some that have talked about using the UQP on top of the hammock, but I can't remember who they are, or how it went.

Any other questions, let us know.
    Donna
    Hey thanks, by now you know i ordered. I would guess given how you make this that even my 11' hammock from Northwoods Hammock will work with your standard dimensions, don't you? I am not too worried about the fabric being durable. Blaktee on this forum made a hammock out of it! http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=62851

Hammock
    WBBB/DH sparrow
    Tarp
    Superfly/UGQ WB 11
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    elephant trunks
    Two words for this UQP OUT STANDING seeing it on one of Shugs videos I emailed 2Q & ZQ Tim replyed right back answered all my questions order it in breathable ripstop nylon quality and craftmanship are great!!! easy to use just love it!!! thanks for the awesome product guys!!!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washinton3
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle
    I have one on order looking forward to get it and try it out

Just ordered one myself, hoping between it and my diamond tarp that I have enough all-around coverage to stay dry in a downpour. Rocking a hydrophobic down SB and a downmat so hopefully if there's failure in my system the implications will be mitigated but this UQP is integral for my idea of using a smaller tarp.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washinton3
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle
    That's one reason I ordered the UQP so I can take my smaller diamond tarp

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner in 1.9 Multicam
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I wonder if this is the one I received today. If so, the craftmanship is stunning. Should compliment my HH colors perfectly guys. Thanks for the swift catch on the color discrepancy. I am looking forward to trying tis out next week, temps are still supposed to be below zero celcius. Just one more question, does not pertain to the UQP, how to attach me matching peak bag. Shoot me a pm with answers as I don't want to flood this thread with off topic matters. Thanks again 2qZq. Can't wait till I can afford the mod 4.
    Last edited by snidetripod; 03-09-2013 at 11:05.
    Check out my youtube channel. Vids about hammock camping, geocaching and outdoor fun.
    Adventures With Snide Tripod

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast