My own $25 DIY Hammock.
    Tarp
    Chinook Camo.
    Insulation
    E.C.W.S Military
    Suspension
    Bioshock

PLEASE HELP. Need info on new hammock----

I have a Claytor Jungle now, but was looking into getting a lighter setup to use backcountry hunting. I weight 250 lbs and am built like a linebacker. I originally went with the Claytor because of its weight rating (350 lbs) but now with all the accessories i am reaching the same weight as my old tent setup. I need the new setup to have a high weight capacity for me and my equipment, 350-400 lbs would be nice. And something lightweight. I am turning to you good people for advice. I have learned 99% of what i know about hammocking from you guys/gals so who better to turn to about this question. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    while the weight may be approaching the same, I would wager that your comfort is greatly enhanced by switching out to a hammock. If you must reduce the weight you are carrying, Look at the entire system. Stove (kitchen gear), food, and sleeping gear are the entire package. How many days out are you talking about?

My hammock may weigh the same as my Shire's Rainshadow 2, but it is so much better. If I was carrying a tent for 2-3, others in the party would offer to share the weight. Since I am now carrying those 40 ounces just for me, I need to be able to add them to my pack. What does your hammock set up weigh, compared to the old tent? In my example, I am not including the TQ / UQ as they match my old Sleeping bag and pad. Tarptent vs WBBB is a wash.

• + New Posts