Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Suspension
    Whoopie All-In-One

Ridgeline on a Skeeter Beeter

Hello all,

I just orderd my first hammock ever, the Skeeter Beeter Pro. I'm still getting used to all of the lingo, so please excuse if I get something wrong here :-) But I'm interested in getting Opie's ASR, but I got to looking at pics of the hammock, and am curious how it actually is going to work. The netting hangs on it's own ridgeline which is not structural, as far as I know. So the main question is, will the ASR run under the bug netting, in my way? It looks to me the ASR will run directly in the middle of the space inside the hammock. Is this correct? Any other ideas on structural ridgelines for this hammock?

This site is amazing. I'm a converted tent camper/hiker. Thanks to everyone!

Also, I'll be ordering the All-In-One from Opie as well for my suspension. I heard the Skeeter's suspension sucks.

Last edited by theoracle09; 02-18-2011 at 08:58. Reason: Added pic

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    For a structural ridge line on my SB, I sewed two small squares of grogain (spelling?) Ribbon at the ends of the hammock near the gather, on the netting, one piece inside, one outside, with the netting sandwiched in between. Then burned a small whole through the square with a soldering iron to keep the hole from fraying, and ran the ridge line through the netting, on the inside. There is a thread talking about here somewhere, so I can't take the credit for the idea, but it worked nicely.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    NeoAir LT / DIY UQ
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    Images

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images

One cautionary note

Made a simple attachment from my bugnet (two loops on either end of the bugnet) with 6" or so of paracord. I made this too short and one night as I was shifting around to get into my sleeping bag/TQ, I stressed the hammmock too much and one of the loops ripped off the net, leaving a 1" x 1.5" hole. I have since patched this and replaced with a different, more flexible connection to prevent this in the future.

Don't take this as a complaint about the SBPro. I love my GT hammock! Best single item of gear I own.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Suspension
    Whoopie All-In-One
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. And mad kudos for the Grizz thread, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Once it comes in I'll do some test hangs and get it all tweaked right and figure this whole hammock hangin' thing out.

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    I haven't tried it yet, but I have an idea of some how attaching the net suspension of my SBPro to either the loops under my tarp or running one single nonstructral ridgeline.
    You made a goid choice. The Skeeter Beeter Pro is an awesome hammock. I also own a GT Nano7 and an ATHH. I use the ATHH more as a tarp than a hammock.
    Chris

• + New Posts