Tree Boat
    Tarp
    Guide
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    straps

geodesic hanging

My senior scouting group all hammock and don't want to go to ground. When we go to large jamborees we don't get to camp in hammock friendly sites. Instead of tensegrities, we are planning on building a 2v 10' ratios geodesic dome out of 3/4" EMT conduit. We would hang, cook and live in it for a week at a time.

What do you think of this idea? Any suggestions comments would be appreciated.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose Climbers View Post
    My senior scouting group all hammock and don't want to go to ground. When we go to large jamborees we don't get to camp in hammock friendly sites. Instead of tensegrities, we are planning on building a 2v 10' ratios geodesic dome out of 3/4" EMT conduit. We would hang, cook and live in it for a week at a time.

What do you think of this idea? Any suggestions comments would be appreciated.
    Hanging in a 10' diameter dome would be rather tricky given the short span and the height of the middle ring vertices for attachment points. The dome tilts in from the base at about 17 degrees, so your 10' diameter is less at hammock hanging height. How many people do you expect to fit in this 10' diameter dome? I suspect that you are going to throw a tarp of the whole frame work for weather protection.

Visiting the dome calculator at http://www.desertdomes.com/index.html shows that a 2V dome is going to require 65 struts. I would think it would be easier to either built the 3 hammock tensegrity stand that dejoha showed a while back or bring a hammock stand of some sort.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    Tree Boat
    Tarp
    Guide
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    straps
    Thanks Brian. The dome will have a 20 diameter, 10ft radius. We hope to hang 5 hammocks and our tensegrity if we need 3 more hammocks.

• + New Posts