Homemade, gathered-end
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogs View Post
    I went outside to read the book I bought over amazon (A Walk in the Woods by Billy Bryson) and could not get comfortable. Has anyone figured a good way to get position?
    I don't have any trouble with it. No special technique.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle Zip XL
    Tarp
    MacCat deluxe
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I will also lay on my side with my arm folded under my head and the book kinda sitting on the hammock.

I'm a big fan of audiobooks and I have gotten in the habit of leaving the book at home and just carrying my iPod since I always take it with me to listen to music. That way you can just lay back and the hammock and listen to your book. The local library is great source for free audiobooks. My library even has a online library where you can download audiobooks in mp3 format for free.
    I 2nd what HC4U is saying here. If I take a book it will be a light paperback, and I like to lay on my side with the book leaning against the sidewall of the hammock and the light on the ridgeline so I don't have to wear it on my head. I also like to lay around the campfire with a book and read. But even better is the MP3 player audio book. Its lighter, I don't have to have a light on (so its better for stealth mode - ever look at someone in a tent or hammock and tarp with a light on - its like the whole thing is glowing), and its great for those times when I can't go to sleep, just listen to the book and drift off.

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by greggg3 View Post
    I 2nd what HC4U is saying here. If I take a book it will be a light paperback, and I like to lay on my side with the book leaning against the sidewall of the hammock and the light on the ridgeline so I don't have to wear it on my head. I also like to lay around the campfire with a book and read. But even better is the MP3 player audio book. Its lighter, I don't have to have a light on (so its better for stealth mode - ever look at someone in a tent or hammock and tarp with a light on - its like the whole thing is glowing), and its great for those times when I can't go to sleep, just listen to the book and drift off.
    Amen, My wife has a 30gig IPOD video, and I never took it because I didn't like the weight, but she got me a 1gig IPOD shuffle, weighs like an ounce, and is wonderful. I can put the entire Old Testament on there, or which ever books I'm reading at that time. I agree the MP3 Player is really great while hanging around.
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacha Man View Post
    Amen, My wife has a 30gig IPOD video, and I never took it because I didn't like the weight, but she got me a 1gig IPOD shuffle, weighs like an ounce, and is wonderful. I can put the entire Old Testament on there, or which ever books I'm reading at that time. I agree the MP3 Player is really great while hanging around.
    after reading HC4Us post about free audio downloads from the public library, i easily found several sources for free downloads using google.
    what's been your favorite source for downloading sections of the bible preacha man?
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images

other funny books and short reads

first off let me say that I really hate to read books but in the past few years I have forced my self to read allot. I read all kinds of stuff now but I always love a good funny book.

here are a few and some of them you can get on audio as well

As Far as You Can Go Without a Passport
    Tom Bodett ( The leave the light on at motel six guy) very funny

The End of the Road, the Last Decent Parking Place in North America, Those Grand Occasions at the End of the Road by Tom Bodett

all of those are great books and will make you belly hurt from laughing so much.

AND THIS GUY PATRICK MCMANUS IS A WRITER FOR OUTDOOR LIFE OR FEILD AND STREAM BUT HE HAS GOT SOME GOOD FUNNY BOOKS AS WELL sorry for the caps on.

The only one I have ever read is this one (Never Sniff a Gift Fish by Patrick F. McManus ) but there are a bunch that he has written and they are on audio as well. So if you like the out of doors fishing and hunting type stuff this will leave you with tears in your eyes or atleast it did me.

All these books are at amazon.com but you might find them else where remember I dont read books all that much

and currently I am reading (Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer) yes the book that everyone has probably already read but it has been a okay book look at me critiquing a book anywho

and cannibal these are for you and you probably have already read these
    the michael G. Zinsley is a funny book about being a dive master
    The Rapture of the Deep and other dive stories you shouldn't know about
    ( Michael G. Zinsley ) The deep descent (Kevin F. McMurray), The last dive (Bernie Chowdhury)

P.S Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston was another good one

That's it from the casa de cavediver2
    Last edited by cavediver2; 01-30-2008 at 12:26.

Images
    a hommade swiss pillow!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN2-Ffyvb-g tinny has lots of sweet backpacking information, ohh he makes alcohol stoves!!!

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpage View Post
    a hommade swiss pillow!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN2-Ffyvb-g tinny has lots of sweet backpacking information, ohh he makes alcohol stoves!!!
    Good 'Ol Tinny from Mini Bull Designs. I love his blog/videos.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    after reading HC4Us post about free audio downloads from the public library, i easily found several sources for free downloads using google.
    what's been your favorite source for downloading sections of the bible preacha man?
    My wife bought the IPOD Bible CD's, so I use them
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpage View Post
    i thought he was going to put that swiss pillow in an air tight pillow w/ a open/close valve & have a self inflator.
    might not be to hard to do.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    i thought he was going to put that swiss pillow in an air tight pillow w/ a open/close valve & have a self inflator.
    might not be to hard to do.
    I hear the cogs turning all the way in Arkansas , that would be a cool DIY.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast