WBBB 1.7sl
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe spin
    Insulation
    3 s incubator
    Suspension
    adjustable web

Tarp choice help

Hi everyone! I've been reading here for a while and have learned a lot. Never thought I would but have decided to try a hammock. I am planning on getting a JRB Bear Mountain Bridge hammock. I sleep on my stomach mostly so I felt I needed a hammock that would lay flat as possible.

Anyway I'm trying to decide on a tarp. I'm looking at either the JRB 11x10 or a MacCat deluxe. Both look like quality products from trusted people. I'm looking for some input on differences between the two that might make me go one way or another. Thanks for the help.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    i have the maccat deluxe and my buddy has BMBH. so allow me to offer my semi-experience and advise...

you will not go wrong getting the OES. however, i would strongly recommend getting brian to sew on some pull outs midway up the tarp exactly the positions of where your spreader bars will be. if you don't go this route your oes tarp setup will have to be pretty wide to get past them.

the JRB is a solid tarp that will definitely work with that hammock, however it'll cost you extra in weight and in packed size. 7 ozs

your JRB will ship ASAP whereas some people have had some difficulty with brian getting their tarps out promptly, if that is an issue...

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamCarl View Post
    Hi everyone! I've been reading here for a while and have learned a lot. Never thought I would but have decided to try a hammock. I am planning on getting a JRB Bear Mountain Bridge hammock. I sleep on my stomach mostly so I felt I needed a hammock that would lay flat as possible.

Anyway I'm trying to decide on a tarp. I'm looking at either the JRB 11x10 or a MacCat deluxe. Both look like quality products from trusted people. I'm looking for some input on differences between the two that might make me go one way or another. Thanks for the help.

i had a BMBH...it will work with a Maccat deluxe but the poles for the BMBH can rip the tarp if you don't watch what your doing. i think with side pullouts the maccat would work great
    the JRB 11x10 works really good with the BMBH there pretty much made for each other ...
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7sl
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe spin
    Insulation
    3 s incubator
    Suspension
    adjustable web
    Thanks, that's something I had overlooked. I see you have a Warbonnet. I looked at those and liked them but wondered how flat you can lay in them?
    " It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    you can get a flat lay in most hammocks ...
    the bridge hammock is nice if your a side sleeper
    i'm a side sleeper at home but in a hammock i can sleep on my back

i would say look to see if there are any Hangs in your area.. and goto one
    there will be lots of different setups there and i'm sure some of the members would be happy to let you try out a few
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

• + New Posts