Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images

Three Season TQ/UQ Project...

Well looks like I'm gonna take the plunge and try my hand at a UQ/TQ combination. I'm going to use this first set as a three season combination. I'm planning on making UQ 78X50 with darts at both the head and foot, based on Bloomgorge's fabulous UQ I saw this weekend. I was really impressed with the level of detail that he put into both the design and the workmanship of his UQ. TQ will be a modified version of that design, 72X46 with foot end darted and boxed. The head end of the TQ will have a 8" collar and I'm thinking of a way to secure the collar for those cold nights around the neck.... I'm planning about 4" of loft on both the TQ and UQ. TQ will have about 12 oz 650 FP down and UQ will have about 14 oz 650 FP down allowing for chamber shape. I think with my warm blood I could use this down the low 30's before needing anything different... I could even team up this TQ with Dblcorona 3/4 UQ I won in raffle this weekend for warmer season, this TQ may be too much for summer which in that case a nice piece of fleece would work...

My only question, at this point, is with being a warm sleeper and planning on three season use from the setup could I get away with sew-thru design instead of internal baffles. The down weights above include about a 15% overfill which I'm hoping would loft the chamber enough to provide some volume at the sew-thru...

I'm still in planning stages right now so any input would be appreciated...Looking to have this complete for this coming spring...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sew through would be a waste of materials, if you ask me. It's like cutting a quilt into strips and wearing those...

• + New Posts