HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's

Question HH Hex Stand, What Is It?

Noticed on the front page of HH right above the Scout in a HH, it says "Hennessy Hammock and hex frame at 100th Anniversary Boy Scout Jamboree."

If you click on the picture of the Scout in the HH it brings you to an article that talks about the frame, which happens to hold 12 hammocks. The very last sentence in this article it says, "Before purchasing the hammocks, the troop reviewed the plans to build the frames from the hammock manufacturer."

No pictures, no more info other than that, anybody know more info on the "hex frame"?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Its a frame made out of tubing that holds several hammocks. Tom Hennessey has one that he sets up for displaying his hammocks and the scouts for this Jambo copied it to hang as a group. I saw tom's display at world Jambo in 07 which actually got me into hammock camping. Now love it and havn't looked back since. I think if you go to the scout pics on his site on world jambo, there might be some glimpse of it. I think one of the scoutmasters posted some pics here that was building it for the 100th scout jambo they are referring to.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Ok, thank you for the info! Couldn't find any more pics of it on his website. I have no use for a stand that can hold 12 hammocks anyway, was just wondering what it was.

Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    Chris,
    The hex hammock stands were used by my son's troop at the BSA Jamboree. The boy in the pic on the HH web site is my son's class mate at school, though they each belong to a separate local Scout troop.

Before going to the Jamboree the Scouts had a shake down camporee on the grounds of the state capitol. I posted a few pictures in my gallery.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/a...hp?albumid=406

note that in this shakedown camp out many of the tarps were installed incorrectly, they were supposed to be below the horizontal support piece.

I am not sure who the individuals were who built the stands. But if it would help I ought to be able to find out from the man who was the was my son's SL at the Jamboree who built the stands and put you in contact with them. His Jamboree SL built the troops Gateway but did not build the hammock stands.

They built 3 of them, each could support 12 hammocks. Not sure what they did with the stands. I know they sold off all the HH hammocks after the Jamboree was over. I got one of them, unfortunately I decided to late to get the one my son actually used and got one with some minor damage to the zipper and tarp. My son was already an experienced hammock camper and knew what to watch for to not damage the hammock.

Hope that helps some.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    Noah 9/Superfly
    Insulation
    Human
    Suspension
    D. Buckles/Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidWa View Post
    Chris,
    The hex hammock stands were used by my son's troop at the BSA Jamboree. The boy in the pic on the HH web site is my son's class mate at school, though they each belong to a separate local Scout troop.

Before going to the Jamboree the Scouts had a shake down camporee on the grounds of the state capitol. I posted a few pictures in my gallery.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/a...hp?albumid=406

note that in this shakedown camp out many of the tarps were installed incorrectly, they were supposed to be below the horizontal support piece.

I am not sure who the individuals were who built the stands. But if it would help I ought to be able to find out from the man who was the was my son's SL at the Jamboree who built the stands and put you in contact with them. His Jamboree SL built the troops Gateway but did not build the hammock stands.

They built 3 of them, each could support 12 hammocks. Not sure what they did with the stands. I know they sold off all the HH hammocks after the Jamboree was over. I got one of them, unfortunately I decided to late to get the one my son actually used and got one with some minor damage to the zipper and tarp. My son was already an experienced hammock camper and knew what to watch for to not damage the hammock.

Hope that helps some.
    I'd be interested in one set of these, if you ever come across them...or PM me with their contact info.
    Thanks!

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    David,

Thanks for the pictures, those are great! I really don't have a use for a stand that large, but if I did I think I could figure it out just by looking at the pictures. I built myself a 2x4 PHS for the backyard and that's all I really need for now. Thanks so much for the offer, though!

• + New Posts