Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Two Weeks and counting

Greetings Everyone

The clock is ticking down and I am feeling drawn to a far off land.

Really looking forward to this hang. Hopefully the weather cooperates and there are no bugs to deal with.

At this point, I was wondering if there were going to be educational opportunities? I offered to show people how to do hollow braid line splicing and didn't get much interest in it initially.

Anyone else planning on teaching things? Bushcraft skills are always good to practice too. Anyone up for a friction fire competition? Or making fire in non obvious ways.

Cheers

Brian
    Last edited by BrianWillan; 04-29-2011 at 17:33.

Hammock
    DIY bridge
    Suspension
    DIY tree hugger
    Oh crap .... you guys did it to me again ..... I am going to miss another one.

It seems I missed the original post (and the 25 other pages after that). I will be up in the park next weekend ..... one week before you.

We did that area of the park 2 years ago and my son and I almost got wind stayed on Canoe Lake coming out. My suggestion ..... stay close to each other, especially having some less experienced people with you. I can tell you that we didn't have much luck fishing, but that's why it's called fishing

I would be very interested in a fall trip like chardpp did last fall. Put my son and I down for a late Sept trip if you are going.

Here's to wind at your back and keeping your lines tight. Safe trip.
    I do not wish to be disturbed - but I can't help it!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    That's too bad you can't make it. Hopefully we'll see you at the next outting!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodster View Post

It seems I missed the original post (and the 25 other pages after that). I will be up in the park next weekend ..... one week before you.

We did that area of the park 2 years ago and my son and I almost got wind stayed on Canoe Lake coming out. My suggestion ..... stay close to each other, especially having some less experienced people with you. I can tell you that we didn't have much luck fishing, but that's why it's called fishing

I would be very interested in a fall trip like chardpp did last fall. Put my son and I down for a late Sept trip if you are going.

Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodster View Post

Hey Jodster,

Consider it done!!! I'm 97.38% certain I'll be heading into the park this fall. If I do, I'll definitely post a trip notice because last year's Fall hang in Algonquin was great fun. So if you're serious, PM your canoeing profile and I'll add it to the list for next time and send out a reminder a few months ahead!!

For the rest of the spring gang, could you please PM me any contact info that will allow us to sync up the Friday morning gathering.

I'm heading off to the Park this weekend, literally the day after the ice cleared off of Smoke Lake. I'll post a quick report and pics. I'm heading in with a group of "grounders", but we must be patient and try to elevate their perspective.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Edge/superfly
    Insulation
    Adict
    I'll be doing my first hang that weekend in another part of the park. I'd stop by but I doubt I could ditch my students alone in the middle of the woods.

Anyhow, the pictures are fantastic. I'll be showing them to my campers to help them understand that they need actual warm clothing, not just city warm.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    10 days and counting.

charpp have fun this weekend! We expect to see some pictures of fish.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Stock Cinche
    Oh man seriously? I still have so much to prepare!

Here is my gear list so far http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=3161
    I still have a couple things to acquire.
    Drybag
    Fleece Jacket
    Rain Gear

and more, that I can't think of.

Any Advice?

Kasuko
    I like metric, I use metric, for those of you who don't ... you should, for those of you who won't ... here.
    0*C - 32*F, 10*C - 50*F, 20*C - 68*F, 30*C - 86*F
    100g - 3.52oz, 500g - 17.63oz, 1kg - 2.2lbs, 16oz - 1lbs
    10cm - 3.9", 1m - 3.28ft, 1km - 0.62mi

Hammock
    DIY Lazy Ryvr Bridge, Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Hard Rock Shelter
    Insulation
    DIY Karo UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    a sweater or heavier coat. The days can be very mild that time of year but the nights can still dip close to zero.

Perhaps an extra set of camp shoes. One set is bound to get wet getting in and out of the canoe.

Ryvr

Edit: opps missed the fleece jacket lol
    When you discard arrogance, complexity, and a few other things that get in the way, sooner or later you will discover that simple, childlike, and mysterious secret known to those of the Uncarved Block: Life is Fun.

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Hey Kasuko, you may want a multi-purpose "mat", the 14 day weather trend shows the potential for rain on the Friday so wet ground is a possibility. The mat can be as simple as a thick piece of plastic/ Tyvk or small section of a poly tarp. It gives you something to put your pack on during setup, stand on while changing and sit on around the camp fire. I never go on a trip without one!
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    DIY Lazy Ryvr Bridge, Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Hard Rock Shelter
    Insulation
    DIY Karo UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    BTW great find on that gear list site. Im making one right now. Dont have weights on it yet, but love the simplicity and ability to customize.

Thanks

Ryvr
    When you discard arrogance, complexity, and a few other things that get in the way, sooner or later you will discover that simple, childlike, and mysterious secret known to those of the Uncarved Block: Life is Fun.

• + New Posts
  • Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast