Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    i was a little nervous about that too, but its not that dramatic of a taper. the nature of the bridge puts you in that minimal "bathtub" and the incubator offers generous coverage at the head and foot end. its the same length as the jrb uq's and fits perfectly along the entire bottom of the bmbh. just make sure you loosen the shoulder to shoulder shockcord.

in general, i enjoy the way uq's fit the bridge style hmmks more than gathered ends. less fiddle factor. no slippage. set it and forget it.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    While this won't help any of you with existing incubator UQs or others, I emailed Stormcrow and was told that they've change the design of the incubator slightly to better accommodate bridge style hammocks.

I don't have the details of the exact modification, but it was encouraging news.

Cheers

Brian

Images
    I have no personal experience with the Incubator or it's suspension and dimensions.

But using a MW4 on a BMBH, I am aware that the connection is quite unique compared to any other hammock/quilt system I use, and works wonderfully. If you can get the Inc. connected in a similar fashion, being very careful of any possible fabric stress when 1st laying in it, you should do it.

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/UQ%20Installation.htm

Notice what is unique with the BMBH/quilt connection compared to all others I know of: the suspension is NOT even connected to the quilt! The gros grain loops at the corners of the BMBH go through the loops on the JRB quilts, then the elastic suspension biners are connected to the HAMMOCK!

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/DSC00651...eb%20Small.JPG

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/DSC00654...eb%20Small.JPG

It seems to me the suspension serves very little, if any, function with this set up. If you pull down on the quilt, it can only go so far ( very little) because it is limited by the loops on the hammock. To move the quilt very far, you would have to- kind of- pull the loops off of the hammock. In other words the quilt is set at the correct distance from the hammock without regard to any(too much or too little) elastic tension or stretch. Again, quite unique.

As opposed to the normal "adjusting" of the elastic suspension to obtain just enough- but not too much- tension. And the occasional concerns that you see here with suspension adjustment loosening up on a cold night. Though admittedly I have never seen that problem with the JRB suspension for some reason. Still, it is nigh on to impossible to mess up the suspension adjustment of a JRB MW4 on a BMBH. Just attach it and your done, except maybe for a slight tweaking of the nylon cords on the ends to close any slight end gaps. But really, I think you are still OK even if you ignore that, it will be pretty darn close!

Now can you do this with an Incubator/BMBH? The corner loops ( if they exist) on the Inc. will have to line up pretty close to the loops on the BMBH. Plus the dimensions of the Inc will need to be pretty close to the MW so that it will hang a small distance- but not too much- below the BMBH before you get in, and then snug up just right after you get in. I guess some added loops on the quilt would be an easy way- if needed- of getting the hammock and quilt loops to line up.

If you can connect this way, I highly recommend it. But, I think I would leave one corner un-attached as I got in the 1st time. Then have some one pull that final corner up to the last loop, just to see that things fit right with out over stressing any fabric.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    i think 3/4 UQ work better with a bridge hammock then with a gathered end hammock ...

less fiddling needed .... i really need to order poles for my DIY bridge
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    yeah stormcrow puts corner loops on his quilts, much like the jacks do. but, stormcrows loops are not quite as beefy, because i don't feel he intended them to be used as the primary suspension. i could be wrong though???

the jacks stuff is built for the jacks stuff. its no wonder they have a quilt called the hudson river, which runs under the bear mountain bridge.

as stated.. be cautious when attaching directly to the corner tabs using the jacks method. this allows no "safety stretch" provided by attaching to shockcord.

again, it can be done. and be done multiple ways. look at it. beck it. use your imagination. hop in and get warm. i love my bmbh!!

**incubator: 78″ long, 44″ wide
    **mw4: 77" long 42" inches wide
    **hudson river: 78" long 48" wide
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    I've used both a JRB MW3 and a Phoenix 3/4 on a couple of bridge hammocks and a WBBB. It's all in shock cording it properly. On the JRB I ran my own sc through the sides and on the Phoenix/incubator it had some already installed so I cut the loop and made two individual shock corded sides as had been suggested. On the 3/4 I added extra short cords of different lengths on front and back corners to keep the quilt in position. Works great.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Here is my 1/2 UQ FrankenQuilt on my GrizzBridge....... seals very well!
    Shug

I wrap my shockcord for the UQ around the spreaders.....

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12