Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Again, unfair review(s) to HH. Anybody have a link to a review that compares the new HH zip models to the WBB? I don't doubt that the WBB is more comfortable but I would just like to see a fair review.

The only reason I got the DJ XL is because I wanted to get a Mod4 from 2QZQ so that I could go netless, which you can't do with the WBB. Well, plus I got it for $100 off with the stock and Hex tarps. I will have a WBB eventually, I've got insulation to worry about now.

As far as weight goes, the DJ is pretty darn heavy but I don't care too much because I mainly car camp.

To the OP, grab the WBB!! DO IT! Then give us a review!!!
    1. the OP uses a HH Exped (based on his profile). He is getting info based on HIS needs, not yours
    2. Does the OP car camp or backpack?
    3. BOTH offered reviews were completed BEFORE the DJ was available. unfair? hardly. again, the OP used the HH Exped...the same hammock used in the comparitive reviews.

You want to compare the WBBB to the HHDJ? I know people who own both and will take the time to give you their opinions. of course, would it be fair?

Start your own thread...
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

To the OP, grab the WBB!! DO IT! Then give us a review!!!
    I knew this was somewhere...

This review was done by one of the moderators here. I didn't take the time to review it all (again) but you can if you want to. I believe he compares it to a BB
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ht=deep+jungle
    cheers and have a great weekend
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    I'm not so sure the reviews are unfair to HH. Granted, comparing models which are about the same weight makes the best comparison, but I believe that is what Raul did. He compared the Hyprelite at 26oz with the BB at 29oz. Those two models are about as close, per their websites, as you can get. Saying that the WBBB should be compared to an HH Zip model is missing the main point of comparing the two manufacturers.

The HH bottom entry is its claim to fame and HH also features the ridgeline storage capability. The WB footbox and shelf are its marquis features. Both are aym "Mayan" type hammocks. Both have integrated ridglines and integral bugnet. The flatness of the lay is a feature extolled by both and so comparing that feature is valid. Both also use the ease of setup/teardown as selling points. So, again, comparing there is valid.

The one thing that I think was missed is that the HH comes with the fly. Of course, the price reflects that, it is a nice feature to have the matching fly automatically included with your order. And, you can get the larger hex fly for no extra charge.

Don't get me wrong. My first camping hammock was HH BPUL. Comfortable, lightwieght, reliable, easy to set up. But I, too, experienced two main problems. 1. I got cramps in my feet because I could not stop the pressure on them. 2. I got bonked by the water bottle on the ridge line. Neither problem was going to put me back on the ground, but I wanted a solution to the foot cramp problem, especially. The WB footbox seems to be that solution.

I haven't yet had the chance to sleep in my WBBB as I just got it, but I took ten minutes to lay in it and I believe that I will not have that pressure on my feet when I sleep.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    1. the OP uses a HH Exped (based on his profile). He is getting info based on HIS needs, not yours
    2. Does the OP car camp or backpack?
    3. BOTH offered reviews were completed BEFORE the DJ was available. unfair? hardly. again, the OP used the HH Exped...the same hammock used in the comparitive reviews.

You want to compare the WBBB to the HHDJ? I know people who own both and will take the time to give you their opinions. of course, would it be fair?

Start your own thread...
    WOW!! Ok, sorry I got off topic there but you really don't need to be that rude about it. Sorry to get you all POed man, I really wasn't trying to be annoying or disrespectful. Have a wonderful day.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I also agree that those reviews are definitely NOT unfair to the HH. There is more than one person around here, myself included, convinced that the only reason Tom released zippered models of the HH's is because he was terrified that the Warbonnet hammocks were consistently getting reviewed better than his hammocks.

The only thing is, adding a zipper is only one of many things the warbonnet did better than the HH. It does just about everything else better too.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcavenagh View Post
    I haven't yet had the chance to sleep in my WBBB as I just got it, but I took ten minutes to lay in it and I believe that I will not have that pressure on my feet when I sleep.
    Also keep in mind unless you're 6'6" or more, you should have some flexibility in where you lay. If you feel you don't have the foot room you need, slide toward the head end. I think way too often folks have a tendency to slide as far into the footbox as possble. This puts you closer to the foot end of the hammock when you should be more centered, and can cause discomfort in the calves/feet. Sliding toward the head end should be more comfortable for most folks, keeping in mind you'll likely have to set the head end of the hammock lower to avoid feeling too inclined in the torso. i like to have at least enough room past my feet to keep the footbox of my tq from getting squashed against the hammock fabric.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    While a 2QZQ zipper mod for an HH is tempting, wanting no net is a great excuse to buy a second open hammock. Like a Traveler a great deal for what is included (SRL and functioning suspension too).

HH makes a fine product, so does WB...many here think the WBBB edged out the HH though and I am one. Advice? I am hefty (250+) and recently got a Traveler 1.1 dbl (curled up in it this afternoon). It is surprising how comfortable this lighter hammock is. PM Brandon and kick the can about what WBBB weight per yard is best for you. You are going to love the WBBB...I would love to have a 1.1 dbl WBBB and probably will soon enough.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    WOW!! Ok, sorry I got off topic there but you really don't need to be that rude about it. Sorry to get you all POed man, I really wasn't trying to be annoying or disrespectful. Have a wonderful day.
    my apologize...I didn't mean that as short as I typed...again, sorry!
    I hope the review I linked to will help you out...

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Also keep in mind unless you're 6'6" or more, you should have some flexibility in where you lay. If you feel you don't have the foot room you need, slide toward the head end. I think way too often folks have a tendency to slide as far into the footbox as possble. This puts you closer to the foot end of the hammock when you should be more centered, and can cause discomfort in the calves/feet. Sliding toward the head end should be more comfortable for most folks, keeping in mind you'll likely have to set the head end of the hammock lower to avoid feeling too inclined in the torso. i like to have at least enough room past my feet to keep the footbox of my tq from getting squashed against the hammock fabric.
    Thanks WG. I noticed on your vid that you mention lowering the head end and I tried it with my HH last weekend. I found that improved the experience, but didn't completely solve it. Your footbox design seems like it will be a significant improvement for the toe pressure issue. I'm only 5'9" 170# so I think I am going to have LOTS of room. At lunchtime today when I first tested it, my feet didn't even touch the end of the footbox. I'll certainly post up after I get a few nights in.

One more thing...the new smaller triangle buckles didn't slip at all.
    Last edited by Jcavenagh; 02-25-2011 at 22:19.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    Mustardman - Yes. Competion can drive innovation and vice versa. A business has to repsond to the market or it will diminish and eventually die.

However, I get the impression that Brandon didn't start selling Warbonnets to compete with HH. My impression is that he made one for himself and then a friend asked him to make one. Then someone else said, "Hey, that's great! Can he make one for me, too?" And the business sort of forced itself on him.
    Is that the way it happend, Brandon? I may be asking something that is none of my business and, if so, just let me know.

I'm a small business lawyer and I've seen that sort of thing happen many times in my career. Some of my most successful clients had their success "forced" on them in that fashion.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast