Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    , no commercials!!
    I don't normally watch TV and so this link (#1 & 2) is my one view. Michael is no ambassador for anything but himself. I agree also that your average viewer will not really even notice the hammock...Michael is obnoxious enough to distract attention from anything else. I found myself thinking that he needs to have someone push his Spot "I quit" button for him as they push him off a ledge.

The rest of the story; In a real survival situation that first big snake would be lunch...law or not. Also am amazed this group is not using the hammocks and nets in parasite heaven. Hollywood...

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    It looked to me like the group was using the hammocks with nets in ground mode. I wonder if mike lined the hammock with palm fronds if it would help much with warmth. Sort of function like a vapor barrier I think.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    diy wildcrafter
    Tarp
    UGQ preproduction
    Insulation
    UGQ all the way
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    yeah they could have hung in the jungle instead of bushwacking it in the dark but then people arent always the brightess.
    welcome to planet earth no one gets out alive

On Behalf of his fans and the man himself, I bid thee Greetings from the followers of the Giant Magical Space Chickens of Peace. Now that I've got that over with, give Mike a chance, he is an awesome guy. He'll grow on you as the series progresses!

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ifoamy View Post
    On Behalf of his fans and the man himself, I bid thee Greetings from the followers of the Giant Magical Space Chickens of Peace.
    I'm confused on this quote you said ifoamy, well all but the fans part

In my opinion I think that he is the only one that has ever used one before and that is why he set it up when he had a chance.

As to why they are all out in the open is something I can understand. I myself would be just inside the tree line looking into the open field and not in it.

They all have hammocks and only mike is useing it as a hammock, but since they haven't showed how he is useing it in the 2nd episode we have no idea if he is useing it right. I bet he wasn't the only one saying that he was cold. The others wernt as cold because they were all huddled together and kept warm off each other.

Yes he is acting like a Pain in the butt right now, but like everyone else has said on the show, he has a lot to offer and you need to deal with it. I do think he was acting childish about the machete though.

The only big question I have is what type of hammock are they useing and how heavy is it?

Quote Originally Posted by genegene View Post
    I'm confused on this quote you said ifoamy, well all but the fans part

In my opinion I think that he is the only one that has ever used one before and that is why he set it up when he had a chance.

As to why they are all out in the open is something I can understand. I myself would be just inside the tree line looking into the open field and not in it.

They all have hammocks and only mike is useing it as a hammock, but since they haven't showed how he is useing it in the 2nd episode we have no idea if he is useing it right. I bet he wasn't the only one saying that he was cold. The others wernt as cold because they were all huddled together and kept warm off each other.

Yes he is acting like a Pain in the butt right now, but like everyone else has said on the show, he has a lot to offer and you need to deal with it. I do think he was acting childish about the machete though.

The only big question I have is what type of hammock are they useing and how heavy is it?

Let me help you out. Mike has been making YouTube videos for years as "SnowWalkerOne" and is part of our freethinker community:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SnowWalkerOne

If you want to interact with Mike and the entire cast (most of them) they are holding an aftershow event on BlogTV on Saturday's at 5pm EST after the show:

http://www.blogtv.com/People/jupy921

Mike says that all hammock comments are welcome.

Also, "The Giant Magical Space Chicken of Peace" is "He who made all things for which there is no known maker"(tm).

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Bad MahambaJamba
    Insulation
    Grizzly bag pad
    Suspension
    Webbing straps
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    , no commercials!!.
    Thanks for posting this Randy! I watched both episodes. Am I all caught up? You know, this area (around the Auyan and Roraima Tepuis is in the top 5 places I'd like to see in this world. Inspiration for The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. What a remote and mysterious place!

Thanks again for the link. That Michael is valuable. He knows he rubs people the wrong way, which is most likely why he is so experienced in the wild. He's a jerk, but they should give him a break. lol.

He needed an underquilt...woke up freezing and fell. lol.
    "Are you gonna eat that?"

Dain Bramage videos at

http://www.youtube.com/user/FatDaddy4Fun?feature=mhum

Hammock
    Dangerbird, HHED
    Tarp
    WB Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    HG UQ, SS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    That guy is funny.. people are offended at the silliest stuff..Maybe the problem is the people offended not the people who offend.. You know 1/2 of the population are on some form of anti depressant.. the other 1/2 of the people are probably the ones perceived as offensive.

If I was stuck with a bunch of.. well.. people with very little common sense.. I can't tell you how I would be. I would probably be a jerk too, or quickly perceived as one.
    Last edited by Agfadoc; 03-02-2011 at 06:43.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I get all pissy if I can't have some coffee..I am having some now.

Add to that a day of hunger and frustrating/challenging conditions, bugs eating me all night, fatigue, and the lack of good wi-fi so I can check the forum...WATCH OUT!

Put yourself in his shoes. I doubt I'd be a level-headed person.

The wife says I'm pissy with coffee...
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Insulation
    GoLite / Nest
    Suspension
    Woopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Agfadoc View Post
    You know 1/2 of the population are on some form of anti depressant.. the other 1/2 of the people are probably the ones perceived as offensive.
    I’ve heard that 90% of all statistics are made up...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast