Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Looks like a pretty good list.
    The First aid kit looks a bit light.
    I would add moleskin for blisters. Advil for sore muscles.

Looking forward to reading about the adventure.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    -camper towel and doorag can be combined to be 1 bandana. more multiuse.
    -camelback is heavy. if you want a bladder, then look towards platypus. i like using empty gatorade or soda bottles. they cost $1.50 and come with free soda or gatorade. keep the nalgene for a hot water bottle.
    -3 t shirts is a lot. i'd lose one of the short sleeve or sleeveless. long sleeve shirts can become short sleeve shirts by rolling up the sleeves
    -leave the camera. smartphone definitely good enough. take pictures of people too, not just views
    -balloons for what? emergency water holder? just bring a condom. again, mulituse
    -no water treatment?

i don't see a poofy jacket. i'd recommend getting an 800 fill down jacket by someone. you have a lot of heavy/bulky midlayers. you need to lose one of them and replace it with something nice and toasty. or else you'll be forced into your sleeping bag as soon as you get to camp. again, i'd try to sort out your insulation and clothes. i feel you are carrying way too much.

good luck, have fun

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    didn't see anything for water filtration/treatment........

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    clark nx 250
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    -camper towel and doorag can be combined to be 1 bandana. more multiuse.
    -camelback is heavy. if you want a bladder, then look towards platypus. i like using empty gatorade or soda bottles. they cost $1.50 and come with free soda or gatorade. keep the nalgene for a hot water bottle.
    -3 t shirts is a lot. i'd lose one of the short sleeve or sleeveless. long sleeve shirts can become short sleeve shirts by rolling up the sleeves
    -leave the camera. smartphone definitely good enough. take pictures of people too, not just views
    -balloons for what? emergency water holder? just bring a condom. again, mulituse
    -no water treatment?

i don't see a poofy jacket. i'd recommend getting an 800 fill down jacket by someone. you have a lot of heavy/bulky midlayers. you need to lose one of them and replace it with something nice and toasty. or else you'll be forced into your sleeping bag as soon as you get to camp. again, i'd try to sort out your insulation and clothes. i feel you are carrying way too much.

good luck, have fun
    good coments the poofy jacket is covered by my diy top quill 900 fill down i made it like the jacks are better no sniffler so it has a velcro opening so i can wear it like a poncho very warm and nice.
    the balloons well i am the balloonatic and balloons are not only a pillow, elastic bands, band aids, and a handi mans dream but it is also for entertaining my self and those i meet, just ask the guys at the hammock hang in michigan last weekend.

Hammock
    clark nx 250
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boothill View Post
    didn't see anything for water filtration/treatment........

boot
    i did forget to add that i am using the two step purification tablets.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    cool. so a down serape. a nice use insulation...

i still think you have too many shirts. i count 5

Hammock
    clark nx 250
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    cool. so a down serape. a nice use insulation...

i still think you have too many shirts. i count 5
    yeah you are probibly right i will get rid of one or two

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    if you're leaving in march how many nights do you plan to use to dial in your quilts. i think you mentioned you sleep in your hammock ever night in your home but sleeping inside a house is a little different than sleeping outside.
    i found when i made my first UQ it took Kevin (dblcorona) and i almost 3 nights of fiddling and checking each other. i found i need to add a shock cord that ran up over the top of my ridge line to get the most warmth.

i don't think i saw duck tape. i wrap a few yards around my poles along with 5' of shock cord on each pole as well.

Hammock
    clark nx 250
    Images
    hmm did not think about dialing it in... the bottom one is using the velcro on the bottom so those are pretty good they are holding the heat in very well. the top one is doing it job and because of how i have the the chambers i can have the down on top or on the side.

but besides that i am not sure how to dial it in any ideas would be great. between the top quill the bottom and the pieces for each pocket it is using 21 ounches of 900 fill down.

balloonatic

Quote Originally Posted by bloomgorge View Post
    if you're leaving in march how many nights do you plan to use to dial in your quilts. i think you mentioned you sleep in your hammock ever night in your home but sleeping inside a house is a little different than sleeping outside.
    i found when i made my first UQ it took Kevin (dblcorona) and i almost 3 nights of fiddling and checking each other. i found i need to add a shock cord that ran up over the top of my ridge line to get the most warmth.

i don't think i saw duck tape. i wrap a few yards around my poles along with 5' of shock cord on each pole as well.

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    have a few sleeps outside and see if you get cold anywhere. if you do, try to get someone that knows what they are looking at/for and have them suggest improvements or add some draw cords if you can.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast