Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    YETI & JRB quilts
    Suspension
    straps and buckle.
    Good luck to you and Bat I will be following bat on trail journals will you be posting there also?

Quote Originally Posted by bloomgorge View Post
    if you're leaving in march how many nights do you plan to use to dial in your quilts. i think you mentioned you sleep in your hammock ever night in your home but sleeping inside a house is a little different than sleeping outside.
    i found when i made my first UQ it took Kevin (dblcorona) and i almost 3 nights of fiddling and checking each other. i found i need to add a shock cord that ran up over the top of my ridge line to get the most warmth.

i don't think i saw duck tape. i wrap a few yards around my poles along with 5' of shock cord on each pole as well.
    I'm pretty surehe's in a clark and make a bunch of down "pillows" to it the pockets under a clark.. That's his insulation, no fine tuning, just put them in the pockets. At least that's what I gathered when I was lookin' at his DIY quilt thread.

Hammock
    clark nx 250
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    I'm pretty surehe's in a clark and make a bunch of down "pillows" to it the pockets under a clark.. That's his insulation, no fine tuning, just put them in the pockets. At least that's what I gathered when I was lookin' at his DIY quilt thread.
    yes that is correct i have velcro in the pockets to hold them in place

How're those workin' or you buddy? Youtried them out outside yet? You experience any cold spots?

Images
    have a great hike. you will dial in your gear list by Franklin LOL and say Hi to Ron Haven when you get there.
    take it slow and enjoy
    take care
    KK
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=259886
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    clark nx 250
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    How're those workin' or you buddy? Youtried them out outside yet? You experience any cold spots?
    i have not been able to try them outside yet one it is too cold for my gear but also i have no trees in my yard to hang from.

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    did you make them with baffles or one big pocket pillow for each of the pockets on the clark? if they're one big pillow i would think the down will migrate down to the bottom and you could have cold spots on your sides.

Quote Originally Posted by balloonatic View Post
    i have not been able to try them outside yet one it is too cold for my gear but also i have no trees in my yard to hang from.
    rut row raggy! Hope you getto test your gear before you head out buddy. We had a little heat wave come through columbus, oh today, hopefully up in Mich you'll get some quality testing weather soon

Hammock
    Home Made from Acer
    Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images
    Take lots of pics. and vids.......And if you have time, take a journal.....eletronic..
    THere is a young man doing the trail the end of March, I am folloing his adventure through a blog....Looking forward to it.

I admire you for doing this....Would love to join you....Best wishes....and blessings your way for a great adventure....

Jerry
    The only Easy day was yesterday.

Hammock
    Darien UL 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber Hex
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I haven't read through the whole thread so someone else may have picked this up already; where are your warm clothes? It get cold in the southern mountains in March and April. I started my thru on 3/18/09, and had plenty of use for my mid-weight longs, hat and gloves, and my down parka. Even hiked through a 2 day snowstorm in the Smokies. I kept my cold weather gear until I reached Pearisburg.
    ~
    "Home is where I hang my food bag."

Monkeywrench
    Allen Freeman
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com
    blog.allenf.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast