WB Blackbird 1.7 Double Layer
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Talking FANTASTIC NEWS + Need some advice

So my pockets were getting a little tight, but I noticed 50 hours of holiday pay was missing!

Now, where I need your help

I have decided that I will be buying a WBBB 1,7. Weight aside, is there any reason not to order the double over the single?

I'm not in a huge rush, but planning a camping trip for Sat. the 12th with the gf, and I'm hoping it will be here in time for the trip. If not I'll bring my setup and the two of us will share the hammock, but I'd rather not share for comfort. So is there any reason not to order the double in my situation?

Thanks guys!

Jason

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I had a 1.7 DL but that was back when I was pushing 290 lbs. Now that I am 226lbs and shrinking I recently got a 1.1 DL. How much do you weigh? Do you need to get the 1.7 for your size? A double layer is handy if you want to use a sleeping pad. I think you'll find people prefer either for different reasons. Can't go wrong as long as you are within the recommended weight ranges. I doubt you'll get it in time for March 12th unless you contact Brandon and pay extra for faster shipping. In any case, you'll like the hammock. Obviously it is very popular and for good reason.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Congrats! I'm sure you will loooove your new BB!

Weight is the only thing that I can think of. Personally, I like a double layer just for more durability. If I happen to cut the bottom layer somehow then I still have a layer left. Although, it's probably a little unlikely to just cut through one layer but still.

If you want it by the 12th you will want to order it now and maybe ask Brandon if he can put a rush on it for you. I'm not saying it's definitely not going to be there by the 12th if you don't but it's better to let him know, IMO of course. You also have to remember that it has to go through customs before it goes to you and who knows how long they will have it. Remember to take some pictures of your adventure!

Edit: Oops, I took too long and Odds beat me to it!
    Last edited by ChrisH; 03-02-2011 at 01:39.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Odds, you kick *** you're always here for me man

It's not that I necessarily need it for the extra weight (I only weigh 200), but in case I ever sit on it with someone or if I want to use the double layer to insulate with a pad or whatnot. I just like to have those options, but I usually hear about the 1.1, not the 1.7. Wasn't sure if there was a reason I shouldn't get the 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Congrats! I'm sure you will loooove your new BB!

Weight is the only thing that I can think of. Personally, I like a double layer just for more durability. If I happen to cut the bottom layer somehow then I still have a layer left. Although, it's probably a little unlikely to just cut through one layer but still.

If you want it by the 12th you will want to order it now and maybe ask Brandon if he can put a rush on it for you. I'm not saying it's definitely not going to be there by the 12th if you don't but it's better to let him know, IMO of course. You also have to remember that it has to go through customs before it goes to you and who knows how long they will have it. Remember to take some pictures of your adventure!
    Yeah, that's the plan, I already have it in the shopping cart I know it's not for sure, but fingers will be crossed and they may be able to come through for me

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images

The 1.7 will also protect you from mosquito bites from underneath. People that have thinner hammocks treat them with permethrin but with the 1.7 DL you shouldn't have any problems.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Good call, mosquitos would bite through the bottom of the Trek Light hammock like nothing on anything uncovered, and I'm a VERY hot sleeper lol Done and Done! I was going to spend 65 on a Bug Net as is, so for 100 more I might as well get a great hammock with one built in

Hopefully they have one in stock to just ship out and it could get here in time, but if not, no big deal I'll use it the weekend after!

Thanks for the reassurance as usual odds!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    No problem. Where are you going camping?

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    Congrats on your purchase. If you need your hammock quickly and are worried about customs holding it (for whatever reason), look for a place in Niagara Falls (US side) that will accept a shipment for you then go and pick it up. Here in TBay, we're only 45 minutes from the US border and there's a store on the MN side that accepts shipments for Canadians, it's probably their biggest moneymaker aside from the gas station and duty free shop. An added bonus is that when you come through customs with that kind of stuff, it's not usually worth their while to haul you in and do all the paperwork for the few dollars of duty that you might owe.
    Debi

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I'm 6' 200 pds and have the 1.7 dbl and really like it. I like the dbl layer for my foot pad and the 1.7 to fight against the biting critters from underneath. Although when using a pad or UQ they cant bit through that anyways so it kinda negates it in a sense. I also like the 1.7 because if I ever got to drag my dog in the hammock to keep her warm it's able to support the weight. Enjoy the new purchase.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

• + New Posts