WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin' Burrito View Post
    Running Feather & I are planning on burning some meat Friday night too, Muskrat. I'll have a small steel grate,(maybe 12"x 18") . You can grill yours on that if you want.
    Good deal. I'll bring the charcoal.

Anybody have a skis, wakeboard, ski tube or some other kind of towable? If so, bring them along. No need to paddle it over, we can get it later.

Hoping we can improve from last year's "Redneck Ski". . . but still a lake favorite!
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I'm planning to bring multiple life jackets, one pair of skis, and these two towables.

He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post
    I'm planning to bring multiple life jackets, one pair of skis, and these two towables.

AWESOME !
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images

For those that were not present, when Muskrat hit the throttle, I near p*ssed my pants till they were out of sight
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Running Feather View Post

For those that were not present, when Muskrat hit the throttle, I near p*ssed my pants till they were out of sight
    I believe I still owe you ride, don't I? You said something about breaking some kind of lake speed record using 3 yds of IX. . . . or was that a paddle record in less than 5 minutes? Couldn't hear to well that day. I think someone had their stove too loud.
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    3-Season Incubator
    Suspension
    Web w/Dutchclips
    Moved my name from pencil to pen. Right now it looks like just a Saturday night hang for me, but I am seeing if I can work out a Friday night hang too.

I'll need shuttle service over so I'll go back through the thread to see who's available to assist and PM them to work it out.

Also, I have a kneeboard (somewhere around the house) that I can bring if it is wanted/needed. I see that some skis and tubes are already being brought by some so not sure if it would just be added stuff. Let me know.

I've signed up for the Saturday night feast. That Frogmore Stew sounds mighty tasty!

I was checking out what others were bringing and how many will be there, but am kind of coming up with a bit of a blank as to what else to bring in addition to what has already been listed. I am sure there is so if any of the Saturday night chefs care to chime in on what might be needed or more of?

I'd did think to bring some homemade SC BBQ Hash and Rice, as it is a specialty of mine but don't see if really being needed in addition to the stew. That plus I'd need a way to heat up the rice and hash so would need use of other's pots/stoves. I don't have a portable cooking stove at the moment.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Looking forward to meeting you WildCard. As far as the kneeboard goes, if you can work it out with SwampFox (Master of Shuttle Ceremonies...) I say bring it. With his boat and my jetski, we should have a blast.

In regards to Saturday's evening meal . . . just spoke with my shrimp guy and WOW! Prices have jumped due to the cost of oil. I believe we paid $6.50 per pound last year and this year prices are up to $11.00 per pound. He did say that if we were over 10 pounds he would cut a $1 off per pound. I'm going to say that I think we will be over the 10 pound mark. This may change some of the orders due to the cost but I just can't see buying frozen store bought Korean shrimp at $8.00 a pound as a better deal. This is fresh caught Carolina shrimp from Beaufort. The shrimp that he showed me today were large shrimp, 21 count (21 shrimp = 1 pound), and smelled sweet, which is a very good sign. I will need to place my order with him by Sunday May 15th and he will have them for us by the following Wednesday. I will change the spreadsheet today to show the $10 per pound.

Without looking at the spreadsheet at this current moment, I would think we could use extras in corn, potatoes, sausage, cocktail sauce. Guessing we will have about 20-25 people for dinner so I would say for now to just take a stab and fill in gaps where you think we need more or something. One sausage (horseshoe shaped, smoked sausage) will probably feed 3-4 people. Maybe 1/2 pound of potatoes (small red potatoes, the smaller the better!) per person? 2 corn cobbettes (frozen, pre-cut) per person? Just a guess on my part.
    Last edited by Muskrat; 05-05-2011 at 13:11.
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Black DIY dual zipper
    Tarp
    Black DIY 10'X12'
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    Good deal. I'll bring the charcoal.

Hoping we can improve from last year's "Redneck Ski". . . but still a lake favorite!
    No need....I'll bring some cabinet doors!

Yeah, nothing like riding along in a canoe at 25mph, with the bow so high you can't see over it!
    "Is this the best you've got?!!" (Shortoff Mtn., Linville Gorge 2010)

"Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid!".....(John Wayne)

Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Rings/straps
    Images
    I would cook steak on a stick before I left it at home. : )

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogg Tyed View Post
    I would cook steak on a stick before I left it at home. : )
    I hear ya on that thought but at the same time, I have also been wanting to try a few dehydrated meals of my own. But, I think you are right. Stick with the steak !
    - Bobby Bowden

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast