WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips

Goat Island Hang, SC May 20th-22nd

The next Goat Island (Lake Greenwood, Greenwood, SC) hang is planned for May 20th - 22nd. The island has designated primitive camping sites which can hold, I would guess, well over 100 hammocks. We have reserved every site for this weekend, therefore we will have the entire island to ourselves. Goat Island is only reachable by boat and the parking area at Moon's Landing (4105 Watts Bridge Road, Cross Hill, SC‎ - (864) 998-4292) for this hang is located directly across from the island, about a 15-20 minute paddle. There is also a boat ramp for those that wish to arrive by "mechanical power" instead of "human power". Shuttles "may" be provided (if we do have someone willing and able to do so...) for those who do not have access to a boat.

This hang is intended for ALL to come and enjoy as we have the luxury of being able to accomodate the "PG" crowd (families) and the "PG-13" crowd (those that prefer more of a "responsible" adult scene). Note that there are no facilities or potable water on the island but the marina where we'll be parking at has water, selective groceries, and other lake needed items (gas, tackle, BEER. . . ). Please understand that ChickenWing has signed a reservation form with the lake management group and their rules specify ALCOHOL IS PROHIBITED. However, . . . we "assume" this rule is to reduce any liability of the lake management group from any "irresponsible" behaviors associated from such consumption therefore we leave the responsibility to each person to conduct themselves accordingly. Don't advertise it, abuse it, and so on. We will refrain from such activities in the "PG" section of the island for obvious reasons.

This will be a weekend to enjoy with fellow hangers and curious ground dwellers are more than welcome to join. No agenda for the weekend. Paddle, swim, fish, showoff your setup, "whatever floats the REDNECK SKI"! Saturday evening will entail the ever-so-popular "Low Country Frogmore Beaufort Boil Stew ! Last year's event was great time and for pictures and reports check out http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ht=Goat+Island .

Maps, directions, planning spreadsheets will be up in the next few days as time permits.

A few have previously mentioned they were "planning" to attend in a prior thread and its great to see the interest build so early but this thread will begin those that are marked in "PEN" (definitely) as coming and those that are marked in "PENCIL" (planning) as coming. If you are already on the "PENCIL" list and know that you are definitely coming, please make the necessary adjustment. If you are not on either list and would like to join us please feel free to add yourself to the appropriate list.

"PEN"
    Muskrat +3
    Chickenwing +2

"PENCIL"
    Shrek
    Capitol Cop
    Mister Dark
    Swampfox
    WFR
    Dameon
    Hanging Burrito
    Running Feather
    BadAndyINC +1
    Matt H
    eflat7
    RiceGravy
    GqGeek81
    GvilleDave

Looking forward to another great hang with new and old friends
    Last edited by Muskrat; 03-02-2011 at 22:44.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Talking Sign UP!!!

Greetings and salutations. I have been waiting for this event for a year! I can't believe it is finally upon us and is going to happen. As Muskrat said, my name is on the lease so I ask every one to (nothing too obvious) abide by the rules of the island. I will be posting the Lake Management restrictions for you amusement and pleasure reading along with a map to the island (unless I am beaten to it).

To make things easy to track I have posted a link to a Google docs attendees list. If you plan on attending, please follow the link and post your name to the spreadsheet along with any guests (yourname +1 or their name if known) to the sheet along with the PG designation you are requesting (this should make things easier to track). The island has 5 designated sites on the 'lake' side. Sites 1 - 3 will be the Family (PG) sites and sites 4-5 will be the PG-13 sites. The island has a limit of 50 campers only to be exceeded with permission (they must be worried about it tipping over).

I look forward to seeing you soon!
    and don't forget to
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    BB 1.7 Dbl, ENO SN, Switchback
    Tarp
    SWT, Diamond Fly
    Insulation
    Infl. Pad, Fleece
    Suspension
    Ring Bckl, Whoopie
    I am signed up. I will require shuttle service to the island, as my rubber duckie can't haul everything.
    "I used to be sane, but now I'm better."

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Pen - HB and I will be there. Not too sure of the dates yet.
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Site Map

Rules and Regs

1. No cutting of trees shall be permitted on the Island, or destruction of trees and other plant
    life.
    2. Absolutely no littering. All trash and litter brought to the Island must be removed by the
    expiration of this permit.
    3. Campfires must be built in such a way as to prevent spread of the fire and must be
    completely extinguished prior to the expiration of this permit. Fires can only be used to burn
    dead wood gathered on the Island or brought to the Island. Burning trash is prohibited.
    4. There will be no camping in the backside of the Island facing the Greenwood County
    shoreline. All campsites must face the lake body.
    5. This permit is good for one campsite, not to exceed the number of tents indicated below. No
    campsite may be located within 100 ft of another site.
    6. The use of alcohol() or illegal drugs(<-- this one is definitely prohibited) is absolutely prohibited.
    7. This permit is only for the period and time shown below, and for the person to whom it is
    issued. This permit is not transferable.
    8. Any violation of the above provisions of this permit will result in the immediate revocation of
    same, the forfeiture of the privilege to receive future permits, and/or prosecution for
    criminal and civil liabilities that might arise from these violations.
    9. Number in party must not exceed 10 persons per site unless approved otherwise.
    10. Checkout time is 2 pm.
    map image

and don't forget to

or move your name to the appropriate column
    Pen/Pencil

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

Hammock
    Black DIY dual zipper
    Tarp
    Black DIY 10'X12'
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ &amp; TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Just finished looking at the pics from last year. Man, that was fun!!

Is it time to go yet???
    "Is this the best you've got?!!" (Shortoff Mtn., Linville Gorge 2010)

"Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid!".....(John Wayne)

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top &amp; U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    how much longer? are we there yet? when are we gonna be there? huh, huh, huh?

I can't wait for this trip. This will be my first trip out without having to worry about school work!

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Planning to be there that Thurs night . . . wondering if I will be solo camping that night . . .
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top &amp; U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Not if I can help it. I might have to get up and go into work the next morning but I should be there.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    So what shall we plan for Fri night? Food? Everyone on their own?
    - Bobby Bowden

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast