Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I never did. I think it would only matter if you stressed them...just be careful with it and you should be ok, IMO.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    when using no-see-um netting for baffles on a down quilt, do i need to fold & hem the edges of the netting strips before sewing them to the shell?
    Slowhike, et al,

If you take the time and care to do this step you will have a stronger higher quality item.... It will hold up better over the years... Especially valuable when washing the quilt/bag as washing often puts a lot of stresses and wet weight on baffles... there have been enough of these failures over the years that most folk seldom wash a bag...resorting to the use of liners (extra weight) and frequent airings to maintain cleanliness.

BTW, JRB baffles are installed with double folded edges.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12