DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers

HF National Hang?

Has anyone ever tried to put together a "Annual National Hang"? I've participated in a couple with other organizations that I have been active with. They have always been a lot of fun. Has this been tried in the HF community?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Black Cat Tarp DIY
    Insulation
    20*F Zeppelin UGQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Man that would be a really cool time!

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird 1.1 dl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet superfly
    Insulation
    Ccf pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    Has anyone ever tried to put together a "Annual National Hang"? I've participated in a couple with other organizations that I have been active with. They have always been a lot of fun. Has this been tried in the HF community?
    I would love to attend. I'm sure every hammock related vendor would be there and we could try/buy everything in one location!!

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    I've asked a similar question before but geared more towards a convention type venue. I would hazard to guess that the biggest problems 2ould be logistics of available hanging in a central location with bathroom facilities and electricity for any presentations, speakers etc...a little easier for tents as all you need is a big meadow but hanging will require a different enviorment, and don't forget the refuse the firewood and some will want to drink alcohol too. But perhaps if one had a place for a couple hundred hangers the rest can be adjusted accordingly?
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Sort of like a Rainbow Gathering.....peace, love, and hammocks.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    It sounds like it could be a lot of fun and I would for sure be interesting in attending.

I think that the Florida hangs are kind of like that though and they're even starting to call it a convention now because they literally have hundreds of people attended now.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers

HF National Hang?

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    It sounds like it could be a lot of fun and I would for sure be interesting in attending.

I think that the Florida hangs are kind of like that though and they're even starting to call it a convention now because they literally have hundreds of people attended now.

Fronkey
    I would think that there are a lot of locations that could host a large get together. I agree Fronkey, there are already some that are getting big enough to be considered a convention or a National Hang.

I would think that the Midwest might be a good central location to consider. But with the BMW Owners and The MotoGuzzi riders groups (both I have attended) , they rotate around the country each year with basically a years notice to plan attendance. It would give folks from all points a chance to participate and show off their special locations....
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    I would think that there are a lot of locations that could host a large get together. I agree Fronkey, there are already some that are getting big enough to be considered a convention or a National Hang.

I would think that the Midwest might be a good central location to consider. But with the BMW Owners and The MotoGuzzi riders groups (both I have attended) , they rotate around the country each year with basically a years notice to plan attendance. It would give folks from all points a chance to participate and show off their special locations....
    I personally think it would be awesome and a lot of fun to get one going and having one in the midwest sometime would probably work out very well. Those folks love to hang.
    I don't think anyone has tried it before, but I bet there would be some interest in it if more planning was done.

I for sure am interested attending if they had one.

Fronkey

You might be able to get some information from the Boy Scouts about putting on such a massive camping event. After all they put on a National Jamboree every four years. Also you might be able to use a Boy Scout Camp Ground, or a Summer Camp Retreat area. That way you would be able to hang throughout the area and still have a central meeting area for events and a swap meet of sorts for venders and what not.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
    ~Albert Einstein

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    This year the Florida Hang was a milestone for us with over 230 attendees. Logistics were daunting but everything went amazing well. The work of Gumbo, Timberr, lilricky, Riktorfla and many others made the week fantastic. lilricky has moved to Texas and will probably be looking for others to hang with out there.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ary-14-18-2015
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast