WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug

Newly acquired nx-250

Recently bought a used nx on at the marketplace and I'm trying it out for the first time tonight! Wish me luck. I'll post thoughts in the morning

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    So after 7 pretty solid hours of sleep (pretty good for me) I have to admit I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I'm not trying to say that this hammock isn't great, but I'm also not going to say it's the most comfortable thing I've ever been in either.

Like I said, I bought it used for $290 with a camo xl tarp. All in great condition, so the price was good. Everything was in good, clean, working order so no complaints there. I just know if I had paid $450 plus shipping for a new one I'd be slightly disappointed.

This hammock, besides seeming to be built out of heavier (possibly better) materials, doesn't seem any more comfortable than my DD modular jungle hammock that only cost $170 (minus a tarp of course).

I think I'll just end up letting my wife use this one as the setup and operation is very very easily done and I'll go back to my SLD Streamliner and sock for now

That's it for now. It's 5:45 am and I'm sure as my brain wakes up I'll think of more to say

Hammock
    wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I like mine a lot, but I do agree with you it's a very nice hammock but not worth the extra cost. The pockets are very handy but I wish it possible to get a full diagonal lay.

It's not for everybody, but the best position for me in my various Clarks has been to take a NeoAir or other inflatable, partially inflated folded and placed under my knees to my feet.

That way I can lay straight in the hammock and I can roll/fold the extra length of the neoair to get the right support under my knees.

I usually hang my feet off the end of the inflatable and they are surrounded by whatever bag or quilt I am using so they stay warmer.

I KNOW it adds weight, and the fiddly factor is there, but it works.

BTW, it works in other style hammocks too, but the bathtub of the Clark lends itself to this configuration very well.

NOTE: I have tried this also with various "foams" for under the feet and even using my backpack under a thermarest, but the inflatable always gives the most comfortable result.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorguy View Post
    It's not for everybody, but the best position for me in my various Clarks has been to take a NeoAir or other inflatable, partially inflated folded and placed under my knees to my feet.

That way I can lay straight in the hammock and I can roll/fold the extra length of the neoair to get the right support under my knees.

I usually hang my feet off the end of the inflatable and they are surrounded by whatever bag or quilt I am using so they stay warmer.

I KNOW it adds weight, and the fiddly factor is there, but it works.

BTW, it works in other style hammocks too, but the bathtub of the Clark lends itself to this configuration very well.

NOTE: I have tried this also with various "foams" for under the feet and even using my backpack under a thermarest, but the inflatable always gives the most comfortable result.
    That's a good idea! Have to give it a shot.

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Insulation
    Down Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    Barchetta - I have to say that I agree. My North American is an awesome hammock; I love it, particularly because everything is included. I've even used the giant pockets and been glad I had them. At said, I don't think it's worth the high price! I may retract that statement if it outlasts all the rest; it's very heavy duty, but now that I've been on the forum and met some other hammockers and scoped a small sample of what's out there - it's certainly not the be all and end all of hammocks!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic camper View Post
    Barchetta - I have to say that I agree. My North American is an awesome hammock; I love it, particularly because everything is included. I've even used the giant pockets and been glad I had them. At said, I don't think it's worth the high price! I may retract that statement if it outlasts all the rest; it's very heavy duty, but now that I've been on the forum and met some other hammockers and scoped a small sample of what's out there - it's certainly not the be all and end all of hammocks!
    Well said and I couldn't agree more! I guess I'll/we'll see how well/long they last. Having 10 hammocks myself (I don't have a problem) I also agree that they aren't the best or only game in town.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Insulation
    JRB MT Wash4 & ORM
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    I too felt the same way when I first got my Clark, after a few outings and some experimentation with various hangs I found a hang that works for me, I'm more of a flat sleeper so I hang the Clark with just enough slack so the zippers close and don't stress the netting, perfect hang, perfect sleep.

I don't know anyone that doesn't cringe at the price of the NX 250, which I own in camo with the largest tarp..... but I also cringed at my Moss Triton tent, yet I am sure I will still be using them until I die and still someone else will inherit some great setups! Sure, there is a weight penalty but these are incredibly well built items made to last and able to be counted on in the harshest of weather thrown at them. Fine tune your fit and accessories if needed to get the right comfort and good nights rest and rely on the rock solid construction and mostly (I think the pockets inside the sleep area are way too small and the loop is as well but all easily changed with clip ons) ingeniously thought out design. But if you are serious about your choice and spread the cost out over years, the price for the reliability and no need to worry is worth the peace of mind.

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    As with anything there is a great value point. I love my Clarke Vertex and I picked it up second-hand (though virtually never used). At the $400 I paid for it with the Vertex Tarp it's an awesome system and my lady friend loves it as much as I do, but at $600+ it's merely adequate. Nothing has physically changed save for the price point and the perceived value. Good thing there is a used market where a lot of people get something they never use, realise it, and sell it cheap!

That being said, I'd ike to find an NX250 for those times I run solo as I have sold the pair of Hennessy's.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast