DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies

Out of the Wild Hammock?

Ok I believe I'm saying a true statement when I say that a lot of us are watching Out of the Wild Venezuela. And I'm sure that most of you all have seen "Mike" using a hammock. Now two things, it seems Mike is the only one that is using the hammock sleeping system and second he seems to get better sleep.

But why does he have to be the one that picks fights. I hate that the guy that is repersenting the hammock community (sorta speak) is the one that has to be most confrontational. Just an observation, and I hope to hear from the HF group on this topic.

Thanks all Scout

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutsnoa View Post
    Ok I believe I'm saying a true statement when I say that a lot of us are watching Out of the Wild Venezuela. And I'm sure that most of you all have seen "Mike" using a hammock. Now two things, it seems Mike is the only one that is using the hammock sleeping system and second he seems to get better sleep.

But why does he have to be the one that picks fights. I hate that the guy that is repersenting the hammock community (sorta speak) is the one that has to be most confrontational. Just an observation, and I hope to hear from the HF group on this topic.

Thanks all Scout
    I just caught this show today while sewing stuff sacks. You know, because I'm manly like that. I don't think people are going to link him with the hammock community just because of that. There more likely going to think he's a butt head because of his shoes or something. Besides, people don't even really know we exist and if they did we can just show them how insane we are with all our DIY gear, winter hangs and top it off with a Shug video.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies
    The world is not ready for a "SHUG VID". LOL, That guy is awesome brother. Man it really hurts that "Mike" is giving us HC's a bad name. I hope he can bounce back.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    , no commercials!!

Hammock and bugnet seem like a natural in any environment. Bet he's wishing he had packed a light uq and a tarp tho. I like his hammock stand that he whittled up from surrounding trees. Not a LNT practice, but still very creative and functional.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I think they have hammocks for everyone. Yeah I saw Mike get up in the night and say he was "freezing". The first thing that came to mind was he doesnt have an UQ. I dont think viewers are gonna link hammocks up with his poor social skills. He is annoying for sure. I mean he walks up to that kid and apologizes for causing a ruckus the night before, and the next word out of his mouth is I need that machete. I think his hot spot is gonna get mysteriously triggered.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Bad MahambaJamba
    Insulation
    Grizzly bag pad
    Suspension
    Webbing straps
    I haven't caught the show yet, though I intend to. But there is one thing I know for sure...

If everyone would watch Shug videos, there would be world peace. Whooo Buddy!
    "Are you gonna eat that?"

Dain Bramage videos at

http://www.youtube.com/user/FatDaddy4Fun?feature=mhum

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    If I was that hungry I would be equally as pleasant. From the comfort of my living room I want to try it, but may be a different story once I'm in the middle of it.

PS. Gargoyle you may want to keep an ear to the ground. My wife flew out of the house this weekend mumbling something about gargoyle hunting. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it was you that posted the link and burned up 2 hours of grass cutting time.
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Guide gear
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    line/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    I just caught this show today while sewing stuff sacks. You know, because I'm manly like that. Fronkey
    Haha i was doing the EXACT same thing, and telling myself the EXACT same thing. I'm just greatful for the term "thread injector" it makes sewing sound so much manlier

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutsnoa View Post
    The world is not ready for a "SHUG VID". LOL, That guy is awesome brother. Man it really hurts that "Mike" is giving us HC's a bad name. I hope he can bounce back.
    How is he giving us a bad name? If he slept ion a bed would he be giving all bed sleepers a bad name? man, your priorities seem whack.

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    , no commercials!!

Thanks for posting this. First I have heard of this show. Very cool.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast