Hennessy Poly Hex
    Insulation
    DIY and JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

Hangers in south west Oregon?

Greetings,

I've moved from Minneapolis MN to Ashland Oregon, located in the south west corner of the state. I'm curious to know if there are any other hammock hangers in the area.

You should all come here. You can ever come stay in my house. We have an extra room, but you won't actually need it. There are trees and mountains all over the place. Ashland is part of the Rogue River Valley and, as the name implies, is built in between two mountain ranges. We currently rent a house half way up one side of the valley. Average weather at this time has been mid 40's in the day and perhaps low 30's to high 20's at night. Climb up a bit higher and things change impressively.

I went hiking a few weeks ago before I started my job. I caught a trail about 100 yards from my house at 2200 feet and climbed to 4300 feet in about 3 hours. I went from 45 and damp to thigh deep snow! Mountains (which are rare in Minnesota) are very very cool places. This trail, by the way, connects to the Pacific Crest Trail. I can walk to Mexico or Canada from my house and stay on a trail the entire way.

You can see some hiking pictures here.

http://www.jeffnet.org/~gwbg/2008/2008.html

You can bet that with all those trees, I'm going to be spending quite a few nights hanging. I'll be a gift wrapped package for any passing bear or cougar.

FreeTheWeasel

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    Looks Awesome, congrats. My father lives in Portland, but I have never been there. I would be excited too, happy hanging.

Dwight
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies

You're killing me!

Any jobs for a half broken down pipefitter? Looks really cool. I only dream of that. I talked with my wife about moving out west after the kids are gone. She would like to live near at least one of the kids, especially if grandkids are involved. I'm hoping someone picks the Northwest. Blows my weekend walks away. Great pics

Stuck in Chicago Area

• + New Posts