Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    I thinkI"m right in between and med and large.. The Med fits pretty well opened up a good amount but feels like I'd probably be able to make either fit. Packed up my Jam today with my WI, burrow, WBTraveler, Gaurdian bug net and ziplock camp kitchen and my 12x14 chinook tarp and I'll definitely have room for a jacket, socks, water and food for 2 or 3 days.. goin back country I'd treat water so that being said it'd probably work on extended trips as well, have used none of the extra space in the collar. Between this and my Golite Trek (which I still have to get) I should be covered for any trip. This is the lightest I have ever been packwise and I gotta say I'm freakin' lovin' it.

updated

I'm not a fan of the foam insert for the back panel. Does anyone know if a Gossamer Gear convoluted torso pad will fit in there instead?
    Last edited by Red Wing; 03-16-2011 at 15:37.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Not sure. The reviews dealing with the foam pad, ended up suggesting the use of a piece of Blue Closed Cell pad.

The GoLites are not waterproof. The original foam pad can accordian if it become soaked. Replace now, and use a good cover or Packa.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Bridge
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    Okay, so I tested both the large and medium packs with load. With a load and the shoulder straps loosened up a little bit the medium pack fits better, probably perfect. With these adjustments the hip belt sits around my waist and helps support the weight nicely. The pack is very comfortable at 18 pounds. Thanks golite and MikeBiondo. Sorry guys the large is not for sale at this time.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    This thread has migrated to being more of a review/gear discussion thread, and not a For Sale thread. I will close it here, but please feel free to post your commentary and reviews in the other appropriate forums! Thanks.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213