Hennessey deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex fly
    Insulation
    UQ,SS,BP.
    Suspension
    Straps and rings

Has anyone ever combine these?

Got a quick question to run by the experts, I want to use the hennessy super shelter with an under quilt, would this work? I am using a DIY under quilt made from a 30* sleeping bag. Has anyone else used a setup like this or is there going to be problems with moister? I do have the Bubble pad that came with my Deep Jungle, If I place it between me and the under quilt will that help with moister? HELP!!!!!

Hammock
    Hennessey deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex fly
    Insulation
    UQ,SS,BP.
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    would anyone know about what temperature this setup would go down to.
    "To God Alone Be The Glory"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by refund View Post
    Got a quick question to run by the experts, I want to use the hennessy super shelter with an under quilt, would this work? I am using a DIY under quilt made from a 30* sleeping bag. Has anyone else used a setup like this or is there going to be problems with moister? I do have the Bubble pad that came with my Deep Jungle, If I place it between me and the under quilt will that help with moister? HELP!!!!!
    There are several answers depending on exactly how you are planning on doing this. But the easiest/quickest way for you to figure it out for yourself is to just try it in your back yard.

There are going to be moisture issues if you are not using the space blanket/VB. Are you asking about putting the sleeping bag inside the UC under the HH pad? Using the bag to replace the pad? Or are you going to wrap the UQ around the outside of the HHSS under cover?

Your timing is funny, as I just got in from hanging with my Golight Ultra TQ tucked under my HH pad down in the UC. Boy was that warm! I have never slept over night with this setup, only with down vests and fleece jackets and stuff in the UC. But I'm pretty sure it could handle some seriously cold temps. It was slightly compressed, but there was still plenty of the 5" of loft left. I had the quilt layed out so that both layers- top and bottom- were underneath me and the pad. A space blanket covered everything.

Or are you planning on wrapping the SBag/quilt around the exterior of the HHSS?

Quote Originally Posted by refund View Post
    would anyone know about what temperature this setup would go down to.
    Again, depends, but a lot either is added way. How low are you able to go in your plain Jane HHSS? My guess is that bag in the UC, augmenting the HH pad, with both layers under your back, would add 20 to 40*F, maybe more. Wrapped around the outside HHSS as a quilt, depends on several factor like how thick the the quilt is under you- both layers under you or is it opened up to cover a wider area, but not as thick? Also depends on - if used outside the HH- how good the fit was and if there were any gaps underneath or on the ends. But if all was perfect, it could probably go below zero. But, there are a lot of variables.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I've been down to 12* F in my SS without an additional uinderquilt using a cheapo Coleman 0* synth bag and base sleep layer. How low do you need to go?
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Hennessey deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex fly
    Insulation
    UQ,SS,BP.
    Suspension
    Straps and rings

Thanks for the advice

Thanks to everyone for the help, although it seems like a split decision, as is everything on the forums it seems. I think I will try using the SS with an UQ and see what happens? I want to layer it as follows from the bottom up, UC,UQ, first layer of hammock, bubble pad with reflective surface(The one that comes with the deep jungle), second layer of hammock, then me!
    "To God Alone Be The Glory"

• + New Posts