Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    HH Hex / Noah 9
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle/rings
    Images
    I used a short length of shock cord with a HF micro-biner on the door corner to go across to the tie out at the bottom of the other side.

Hammock
    diy wildcrafter
    Tarp
    UGQ preproduction
    Insulation
    UGQ all the way
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    i was impressed with those tarps you did up they were awsome
    welcome to planet earth no one gets out alive

Hammock
    GT
    Tarp
    FFT
    Insulation
    PLUQ / Pea Pod SB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcrafter View Post
    i was impressed with those tarps you did up they were awsome
    Here is the link for the $20 price:

http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net....aspx?a=328267

You will have to do a little sewing though.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0
    Tarp
    GearGuide12x12
    Insulation
    FrankenIXWoobie
    Suspension
    Strap
    Images
    From the pics, it seems like some folks prefer a continuous ridgline with this configuration in order to utilize the guyline point in the middle of the ridge. Others are not going this route.

Is this purely by preference or is there a structural reason to use one over the other?
    Dutch: Hammock is probably more weight but who wants to lay on the ground? I pee on the ground.

Hammock
    GT
    Tarp
    FFT
    Insulation
    PLUQ / Pea Pod SB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterMinister View Post
    From the pics, it seems like some folks prefer a continuous ridgline with this configuration in order to utilize the guyline point in the middle of the ridge. Others are not going this route.

Is this purely by preference or is there a structural reason to use one over the other?
    I prefer the CRL with this tarp, because I find it much easier to adjust the tarp once the ridge line is up. All I have to do is slide a few prusik knots around.

Yes, it is purely preference and what works for you.
    Last edited by jrophoff; 04-12-2011 at 13:59. Reason: To answer a question

Did you guys buy these all up or something? Can't find them anywhere. Seem to be all out of stock...
    And am in need of a good cheap tarp soon!!! (need it to be large- prepared for possibly a lot of rain)....

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    Tyvek HW & GG12X12
    Insulation
    WalMart blue pads
    Suspension
    1" straps & biners

It looks like 'currently out of stock' everywhere I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
    Did you guys buy these all up or something? Can't find them anywhere. Seem to be all out of stock...
    And am in need of a good cheap tarp soon!!! (need it to be large- prepared for possibly a lot of rain)....
    I was afraid of that which is why I made a 2nd order. I checked the 4 different places I was aware carried them and all show sold out. That seemed kinda quick yet I know this forum generated a lot of interest.

If this helps, I used DIY Tyvek Home Wrap tarps awaiting a deal like this one and plan on continuing to use them in the future. They make excellent diamond 9's, mountain pods, lean-tos or solar sails when cut square. Additionally, they're also a good 'A' frame when cut 12ft long with adding a set of beaks. I'd suggest gluing with water based contact cement for attachment straps or gussets. Tyvek tarps are light weight, strong, easy to repair and are cheap enough that when the GG tarp becomes available again you're out a couple bucks and still have some back-ups or ground covers.

Additional thought:
    Try calling BO and keep asking questions to determine if they are REALLY out. The stockroom may be out yet I have had floor sales people know where displays are or a couple may be 'hiding' on a bottom shelf. More than once, I have scored when at first it seemed unavailable; I have actually had a sales gal undo a display she had put up just hours before because they were 'out of stock' but there were 2 products I wanted in the window. If that fails, you may be able to purchase 'on advance order'; I have MANY times locked in my price and then waited (one time 7 months for two special stainless steel salt water heaters) and got what I was after for the price I was willing to pay.
    Last edited by 11steve11; 04-13-2011 at 11:24. Reason: Additional thought on potential stock...

Quote Originally Posted by 11steve11 View Post
    I was afraid of that which is why I made a 2nd order. I checked the 4 different places I was aware carried them and all show sold out. That seemed kinda quick yet I know this forum generated a lot of interest.

If this helps, I used DIY Tyvek Home Wrap tarps awaiting a deal like this one and plan on continuing to use them in the future. They make excellent diamond 9's, mountain pods, lean-tos or solar sails when cut square. Additionally, they're also a good 'A' frame when cut 12ft long with adding a set of beaks. I'd suggest gluing with water based contact cement for attachment straps or gussets. Tyvek tarps are light weight, strong, easy to repair and are cheap enough that when the GG tarp becomes available again you're out a couple bucks and still have some back-ups or ground covers.

Additional thought:
    Try calling BO and keep asking questions to determine if they are REALLY out. The stockroom may be out yet I have had floor sales people know where displays are or a couple may be 'hiding' on a bottom shelf. More than once, I have scored when at first it seemed unavailable; I have actually had a sales gal undo a display she had put up just hours before because they were 'out of stock' but there were 2 products I wanted in the window. If that fails, you may be able to purchase 'on advance order'; I have MANY times locked in my price and then waited (one time 7 months for two special stainless steel salt water heaters) and got what I was after for the price I was willing to pay.

Aha! I was right! Well I tried calling Bargain Outfitters (link given on this forum for the 20 dollar deal) and they said that it was discontinued!

One of the other places I checked was a seller on Amazon.. I could try to write to them.. meanwhile I ordered a 10x10 footprint from REI (under 30 dollars) to use. But I am curious about your DIY Tyvek Home Wrap tarp
    So I will have to look that up.

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    Tyvek HW & GG12X12
    Insulation
    WalMart blue pads
    Suspension
    1" straps & biners
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
    But I am curious about your DIY Tyvek Home Wrap tarp
    So I will have to look that up.
    These might help. I don't have a lot of action pictures posted yet, that'll change in a couple months. If you do a search for tyvek, a member recently posted a cat cut tyvek tarp.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...577#post396577

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=20463

Hammock
    WarBonnet BlackBird!!!!
    Tarp
    BIG FLY (3x4m.)
    Insulation
    SnugFit & JRB HR
    Images
    Yes, Sold Out indeed.
    I snoozed and I lost.
    -Rice!