N/A
    Tarp
    N/A
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    N/A
    Images
    I sold off one of my BBs to buy a "Leftie" version of the same - for when my Wife and I hang next to eachother

Keep in mind there are no "best choices" unless you want something for "one purpose"

Which is why I'm buying a traveler for winter use

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Going thru the gear box I found 3 BB's. One 1.7 dl & two 1.1 dl. Well, opie needed one so I sold him my 1.7dl. It was overkill for me anyways. Then moxie was looking to trade a 1.7 sl for a 1.1 dl. I wanted to try a sl so I traded him my gray 1.1 dl (keeping my black one). I still had money in my PP account from opie, so I bought a 1.0 dl. That is my "Why I sold my Blackbird story"
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    GT UL, Multiple DIY
    Tarp
    I like DIY stuff
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ^shane^ View Post
    I've sold my 1.1 dbl BB and 1.0 dbl BB because the TtTTG Light Hiker is a more comfortable hammock for me and my wife. I still have my 1.7 dbl BB. I'm going to play with some amsteel to try a second structural ridgeline to see if I can get rid of the calf ridge. If I can't get rid of the ridge, I'll sell the 1.7 dbl too.

The BB design is awesome. I don't mind that the netting can't be removed. I love the shelf. It just looks cool hanging. I just can't get rid of the ridge, and I can't sleep with the ridge there. Light Hiker=no ridge.
    I've owned a 1.7Dbl BB, a 1.0 Dbl BB, and a 1.7 Dbl Traveler and I sold all of them because I could not get rid of the calf ridge. All were built beautifully and I haven't one bad word to say about them other than "I" couldn't get comfortable.

Exactly one hour after I sold my last BB, I was playing with my other hammocks, a GT UL and a DIY gathered end and I realized that BOTH of them had been adjusted to an 85% ridge line length and the flatter arc seemed to soften or completely remove the calf ridge.

I intend to order another BB and put a longer ridge line on it and see where that goes. If it doesn't work for me someone will have a good used buy available to them.

-jeff

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Why I sold my Blackbird .......
    Thought I wanted a hammock with an attached bug net. Found that I didn't like the "zipped in" feeling. Discovered that I'm an open hammock kind of a Gal after all. Sold the BB to someone who gave it a good & loving home. Then I bought a WB Traveler, but still love and use my Trek Light hammock from time to time. Different strokes for different folks. I figure the best way to learn about new stuff is to ask questions?????
    KJ

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I have a black 1.1 dbl blackbird and 1.1 single blk bird. I will never sell either (unless I'm real broke) I've only slept in my blackbird on a two night trip and the other night in my backyard and love it. I only bought the traveler 1.1 single to give it a try, and because it was made in black. I'm at the weight limit so ill save to use for someone else or get back to my normal weight of 150ish.

After sleeping in the BB I've notice I don't enjoy my hennessy expedition, or grand trunk nearly as much. So I'm looking to get a second, probably 1.0 dbl.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    i sold my 1.1 double in gray b/c i hate the color green and that "gray" was green. got a 1.1 double in black.

got a 1.1 single layer traveler for bugless trips...

please, please
    If any of you dont want your 1.1 dbl in any "ugly" color, just send me a pm and I will take it off your hands.

Otherwise I will keep waiting for mine from brandon.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Wags, you have the 1.1 single traveler in black too right? How's it working for you? Mines confortable but stretches a bit for me a 180. After experience the glory that is the blackbird shelf and foot box I don't know if I ever wanna go back to a netless hammock, haha.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    yes i have the traveler in 1.1 single. i like it a lot. i don't find the stretch annoying in the least. i dont' want the weight of the blackbird, but around the summertime, i like to camp near water, and you know what that means...

i don't really miss the shelf, however the 1st time i didn't have that footbox my feet kept falling out of my hammock

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    yes i have the traveler in 1.1 single. i like it a lot. i don't find the stretch annoying in the least. i dont' want the weight of the blackbird, but around the summertime, i like to camp near water, and you know what that means...

i don't really miss the shelf, however the 1st time i didn't have that footbox my feet kept falling out of my hammock
    one thing i will not go without is my WBBB
    it's my one Luxury item ... if i took that out and put my UL hammock in i could have a base weight under 6lbs in the summer but i can't do it
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast