Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    People going different directions?
    This seems like an unnecessary shot, IMHO.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    A shot at what?

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    You've pointed out several times in the past that you didn't like your blackbird - what exactly was the purpose of this thread? To see if you could get anyone to disparage the hammock you don't like?

I'm just not seeing any value whatsoever in this - it's not a customer service issue or a specific discussion of a feature or failing of the hammock. It smells much more like trolling for people to bash something because you don't like it.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Well I want and plan on buying one before there made in China. No offense Brandon.

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    I look forward to your review probably not in the WB forum though.
    Yeah, this thread wasn't initially posted in the WB forum. The mods moved it here after the discussion had started.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    This seems like an unnecessary shot, IMHO.
    'IMHO' of course being the key words here.

If you had really followed my posts you would have noted that when I first got my BB I loved it. But, after 30 nights trying to spend one full night in it I couldn't. As I stated I have sciatica in my hips and torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders and need to sleep on both sides during the night or I'm in pain. The BB was difficult for me on the right side so I was in a lot of discomfort.

This has nothing to do with the hammock but how I react to it.

I also tried 5 other hammocks that didn't work well for me and you don't see me 'trolling' for people to knock them.

Images
    Well, maybe it's just me, but this thread doesn't seem unreasonable or disparaging. I mean, after all, the WBBB has ruled the roost for a long time here at hammock forums as the most popular hammock. And probably for good reason for most folks. But during that time, I have read many a comment about a person going – for one example – from a Hennessy to BB. Many of these posts would state how much more comfortable a person was in the BB than they were in the HH. Were those post unnecessary shots at HH? In the same way I've seen people try out a JRB BMBH but then end up going to the BB, usually giving some reasons about things having to do with comfort. (In both cases, Much less often, it might have gone in the other direction)

And that all seems just fine to me. People come here seeking information to guide them when they pick their hammocks. But in the end all they can get is various people's personal opinions about what they have tried.

So is the OP commenting on an observation and asking if there is a reason why an unnecessary shot? No offense to anyone, and maybe I'm missing some background information, but it seems like a reasonable question to me. And the answer in 90% of the cases has been: simply to get rid of one BB in order to get another one of a different weight or design. Although, every once in a blue moon it does seem somebody actually prefers one of the other hammock brands, for one reason or another, even if not very often. It's good to hear about all of these opinions.

Although that also goes for insulation and tarps. For example, some people here have been very happy with the HHSS. Some people have been in between, and some people have hated it. For those people that have hated it, I want to know about it just out of curiosity, even though I don't sell the HHSS. Or anything else. Not only that, but I really love a lot of things (but not all things) about my WBBB. Same thing goes for my BMBH. And my HH, and my HHSS. These are all great products in my opinion. But they all have their individual pros and cons. And any given user may find one or more of these differences important to them, or not.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I'm bored with my Blackbirds these days. I know, I know it's blasphemy, but it is what it is.

They are still far and away my most used hammocks, but they're 2+ years old now. Time for the newest and greatest thing to come along. It might even be another piece of gear from Warbonnet, might not. Innovation rules; just imagine what kind of hammock it will take to topple the Blackbird.

Still...sell a Blackbird? Me? NEVER! Heck, I still own that Parrot Bay Key Largo Deluxe monstrosity of a 'hammock'. I'll give away the occasional hammock to a person that needs it, but doesn't ask for it. I still have the Parrot Bay because I couldn't feel good about myself giving it to someone; would just be a mean thing to do.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post
    Yeah, this thread wasn't initially posted in the WB forum. The mods moved it here after the discussion had started.
    I made my initial comments before this thread was moved to the Warbonnet forum. I don't mean to take any sort of shot or make disparaging remarks towards Brandon or Warbonnet. The guy makes fantastic gear. But just like backpacks or underwear, his hammocks are not one size fits all.

I didn't see any disparaging remarks made towards Brandon or WB on the thread. The thread started as a simple question. If my comments about my Light Hiker are found to be offensive I apologize. I was just sharing my observations and actions regarding my own Warbonnet gear.

I personally don't think the thread should have been moved to the WB forum, but I'm not a mod.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Well, maybe it's just me, but this thread doesn't seem unreasonable or disparaging. I mean, after all, the WBBB has ruled the roost for a long time here at hammock forums as the most popular hammock. And probably for good reason for most folks. But during that time, I have read many a comment about a person going – for one example – from a Hennessy to BB. Many of these posts would state how much more comfortable a person was in the BB than they were in the HH. Were those post unnecessary shots at HH? In the same way I've seen people try out a JRB BMBH but then end up going to the BB, usually giving some reasons about things having to do with comfort. (In both cases, Much less often, it might have gone in the other direction)
    But that's not the same thing. If I switch from a Warbonnet to a BMBH, and go post in the JRB forum saying "man, this BMBH is just perfect for me, and fixes these issues that I had with the Blackbird....", that's an informative post.

By contrast, the OP of this thread basically said "hey, I notice people are selling Blackbirds, let's start collecting reasons why it must suck". It isn't any one particular issue, it's just an excuse to see if he can topple the clear popular favorite in these parts. I'm sorry, but I'll re-iterate that it stinks of trolling.

To sum up - posting specific issues is a reason to start a thread. Posting an open-ended invite to arbitrarily criticize something is not. IMHO, of course, again.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast