Bear's Den Trail Center

I'm heading to Bear's Den tonight for an overnighter with the family. Rented the cottage for the wife and kids, and will be using my BB 1.1DL for the first time. It will be our first time on the AT. If any HF thru hikers are in the area on Saturday, I'll be the guy chasing the two year old ball of energy.

Images
    Awesome place! I'm sure you'll enjoy your time there. Wish I could make it. Going to head out to SNP next weekend. Working this one.

Heading South you go into the roller coaster section. The creeks are probably over full and almost impassable with all this ran/flooding we've had. Still, you ought to be able to enjoy a little hike on the AT. There's another blue blaze trail there as well, if I remember. Never hiked it, not sure how long or where it goes. Hopefully you'll give us a trip report and cover that!

Nice Weekend with the Family

So we got there around 7:30, and it was pretty dark. Once we checked in att the lodge, we unloaded our gear at the cottage and got a fire going. It was 32 degrees when we arrived. None of the kids wanted to sleep outside so I got them all settled in and then hung my hammock near the cottage. We all had a good night's sleep and I stayed warm with my 5 degree bag, ccf pad, and polar fleece pajamas. The next morning we got breakfast, packed up, and went on the short trail to rock lookout. We then drove over to Harper's Ferry for lunch and a little sightseeing before heading home. Not a bad little family trip. Hopefully we will be able to actually hike on the AT some this summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts