Thread: Bedroom hangs

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No see um no more
    Tarp
    walmart special
    Insulation
    pad

Bedroom hangs

Our 14 year old son would like to put a hammock in his room to sleep in. We were told that it would be bad for his back to sleep in. Looking at other posts in the forums I can't find anything against hanging. As a matter of fact it seems to help the back. Would like hear some feedback on this.

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    none yet
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dacubsman View Post
    Our 14 year old son would like to put a hammock in his room to sleep in. We were told that it would be bad for his back to sleep in. Looking at other posts in the forums I can't find anything against hanging. As a matter of fact it seems to help the back. Would like hear some feedback on this.
    There is a + game that is played on this site that I don't know the rules to but I'll give that idea a '+1'. You would be Cool Dad of the year. I wanted one too when I was that age. Got a waterbed instead. I'm pretty sure that was worse for my back. I would worry more about slouching in front of the xbox. good luck. keep us posted.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Everyone is different, but a hammock fixed my back problems. Or at the very least, eliminated any symptoms.

I got into this because of a post on another forum. The poster said she had selected a hammock for an upcoming hike because of a bad back. I had always been of the impression that hammocks were fun, but not great for the back. I sent her a message and she directed me here. After a bit of reading I decided to put it to the test and I ordered an inexpensive travel hammock. I set it up above my bed and gave it a go.

Three days later, I realized that I wasn't in pain when I got up in the mornings. My knees didn't want to buckle and I was standing erect almost immediately. That kind of nonsense hadn't happened since the early 1980s. I was astounded and more than a little thrilled. Very shortly after that, I took my bed apart and got rid of it. Haven't looked back. That was 2007.

Since about 1985 (when I was 15), my back has gone out once or twice a year. My knees were later destroyed a few times over on the football field. I had learned to live with the pain and adjust to it. Since I started sleeping in a hammock full time, my back has only gone out once but there was some hard labor that aggravated it. The knees still don't play well with others, but they are at least pain free in the mornings; which is a nice break.

No idea if your son will enjoy the same benefit, but as someone that lived half of his life in pain from a bad back, it is sure worth a try.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts