Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    i was comparing it with cottage made products (except the golite). however your explanation of the vapor barrier makes sense. i was just curious, and i guess i should've just asked you in a pm. like i said a few times. i never meant to step on your toes. i just was always curious. i guess i could've read a little further into your site, but perhaps was on the lazy side.

i wish you good luck with your business. always happy to see cottage guys out there, as that is who 90% of my gear comes from...

Hammock
    11' gathered end
    Tarp
    Hex 11' DIY
    Insulation
    Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    no problem at all. It is important to compare offerings from multiple places and understand the differences. The products you reference are all fantastic and ultimately they all do the same job so the value of things like VB or wind resistance is something that everyone must consider when looking for gear. If i didn't make gear i wouldn't be able to have my stuff, i would have the stuff you mentioned and i would love it. I wasn't trying in anyway to say that stuff is bad or inferior but just trying to point out what makes them more affordable than my offerings. I also desire to offer gear that is more affordable and that is the plan through the Sanborn brand. I am glad you asked and take no offense to the question. glad to do it in the open so others can see.

-Tim

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    tim. after digging deeper i see that you've done some pretty neat things with your quilts. the no sew technique is definitely elite, especially for those who run real risks of getting their down wet.

the inflatable quilt is also intriguing.

you have a lot of info in there tim. perhaps you want to break that down and highlights some of the features. a lot of your cool details are lost admist that whole paragraph.

Hammock
    11' gathered end
    Tarp
    Hex 11' DIY
    Insulation
    Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    i am for sure not the best at the marketing part, i just make them I needed to get all the info up and now i can start finding a better way to present it. Also this week i am going to make a production quality Epiphany-K to get some pics of. The pics will really help illustrate how the inflation is done and how the no-sew baffles work.

-Tim

I placed my order for his nylon quilts last night. I will post a follow up once I have the quilts in hand.

I can say this, all day yesterday I read everything I could find about Tim's quilts. There are a few folks I respect a great deal on BPL after reading their post and following their trip reports. Some of these guys are on the trips with Ryan and know their stuff.

One in particular have a variety of tims quilts and speak very highly of them. I would like to think some of these guys can have any quilt out there, and they choose tim's. That was good enough for me.

On some personal reasons, I sleep on my side, and have a 52" quilt now. I still spend a lot of time as a ground dweller as I camp with my family of 3 and as of now hammocking is not in the cards for the group (although I have one on order for my solo trips).

when i am on my kooka bay pad (2.5" inflatable) and do not have the 52" quilt attached to the pad in any way, it barely touches the ground on either side. I tend to switch from side to side all night and as such I often find my quilt moved over to one side or the other which creates drafts on the other side. So I am constantly adjusting to keep warm.

Tim has a 58 inch wide size in his nylon and will make a custom 58" wide in his cuben quilts. I even got him to make it two inches longer for me as I am 6' 5".

I think when you look at the materials, the baffle construction, the sizes, and the fill weights, you will see the value come out as compared to a strict price comparison.

Ill post up more when I get the quilts.

Hey Tim I just went to your site and it's coming up weird, if at all!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    11' gathered end
    Tarp
    Hex 11' DIY
    Insulation
    Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    hmm, just checked and it looks right to me. What was it like?

Back to normal now, hmmmmm!
    When I went to look at you page it brought it up like a Microsoft Word Doc, then when I clicked on a link (I think it was a more info tab) it locked up and said page not available)!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    11' gathered end
    Tarp
    Hex 11' DIY
    Insulation
    Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    hmm, i haven't seen that. hope it doesn't happen again.

-Tim

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Glad to see you back and producing again Tim! I've been intrigued with your use of cuben in quilts. Can't wait for the pics! Do you make these as people order them, if so, whats the turnaround time?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast