SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle

CDT Gemini Temperature Ratings

Thanks, everyone for your patience with all my questions as I try to figure out what to do and how to do it.

1. I know everyone has there own sleeping temp and different people get different results, but I've been trying to find a good temperature rating estimate for the Gemini UQ in all of its modes, Single Layer, double layer, and winter mode.

Could someone give me a decent guess of what it would be rated if a vendor were making it in all three modes? I realize it is just an estimate and will absolutely not hold anyone to it but I'm trying to ballpark a range for all three modes so I can figure out what I need and how many.

2. Any thoughts on what the Gemini TQ would be rated, and also what two of them staked together would be rated?

3. I saw a chart on here somewhere about the effective ratings when you stack two rated quilts together. Can anyone point me in the direction of that chart?

Thank you.

This chart maybe?
    https://support.enlightenedequipment...-Sleep-Systems

I asked As Tucas about this a while ago. Here's their answer.

"Rating a quilt is complicated, so rating a combination is even harder. However, there is some “consensus” that if you combine two quilt with the same type of insulation, the comfort temperature is roughly that for the sum of both insulation. I.e. if you combine an APEX 133 quilt and an APEX 167 quilt, the rating will be the same as for APEX 300. There are many factors involved, but this gives an idea. This chart shows comfort temps for APEX:

So in our example, we can expect something around -15 C. For sure, some testing is required with the particular setup.
    "
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Thank you, but no. It had temp ratings across the top and sides and where the two met it told you what the temp rating was if you layered the two together. It was referenced in a thread in the last week or two.

OK. But isn't that what the EE chart I linked to does?

It gets a little cumbersome to compare the EE and As Tucas charts. Temp - APEX, Fahrenheit - Celsius. I did it for just a few random values and they seemed to correspond fairly well.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    My understanding of the chart you posted is that it has temp on one axis and APEX level on the other. I suppose you could determine the equivalent APEX from the temp rating and then add the two APEX amounts together and then determine the new temp rating so it would probably work, but the chart I was referencing did it all in one step.

Not that chart. The other one. The one I linked to at EE. A bit down the page.
    https://support.enlightenedequipment...-Sleep-Systems

I finally got around go convert F to C for that table so I don't have to look it up each time. I
    attach it for other metric minded people. ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Yes! That is it. Thank you. I didn't even click on your link, I just looked at the chart. I'm sorry. My mistake.

Nah, I post too many links. ;-)

• + New Posts