Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    I am pretty sure they are gone for the next 3 weeks.

I know. I'm sure he has his phone with him though. Just pissed at how I was treated, then most likely sent wrong item because the quilt ordered was not made. Seems they would surely know what got mailed. Should have just been honest with me.
    Mike

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Speculations and assumptions don't mean anything. I can guarantee you 100% that there was no intention of screwing you like you are implying.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Definitely get all the facts straight from Dwight and Amanda before you assume that they intentionally screwed you and start to slander them on here. They are both highly respected and valued members of this forum and smearing their good names is quite uncalled for.
    Last edited by headchange4u; 06-03-2008 at 22:01. Reason: Keeping the peace.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Others complained on an open forum. I only emailed Dwight privately, spoke with him over the phone a few times. Then, he no longer answered the phone. Did not respond to emails until more than a week had passed. This happened repeatedly during the months I've waited. I'm not slandering anyone. Just the facts.
    Mike
    Last edited by headchange4u; 06-03-2008 at 20:28.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    This thread is going downhill fast. It will be closed for now.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images

Sorry Bull!

Bull, I am sorry for the frustration that you have had with us. We did not intentionally mean to make you feel like we were avoiding you this past week or even before. We left for church camp, where we did not have cell phone signal, on Sunday. Today, we came home a day early to my mother's house to try to get laundry done and get the kids settled before leaving for Oregon. I was shocked to hear that we had an dissatisified customer. I thought your orders was one of my best work. I am sorry that I was wrong in this. This is not how we intend to do business. I wish I could have it out to you sooner. It is hard to get so much finished so closely together.

I appreciate all that thought they would help us by coming to our defense. But it was something that probably should have been handled between us.

I did talk with Bull, the quilt can be used as an underquilt or top quilt not one or the other.

As I was telling Bull today, I started sewing because of my father passing away in October last year. He was my best friend. I could rely on him for everything. So when he passed. I felt a bit depressed and turned to sewing for comfort. That is why I started making things, to help ease the pain of losing him. It has worked a lot until recently. I haven't been able to get any enjoyment out of it at all. So that is why regretably I don't plan to be sewing much in the future.

Sorry again for all those who feel that they were wronged in this whole ordeal!

Amanda

Also,
    "O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good: for His mercy endureth for ever." Psalms 107:1

Hello Amanda,
    We had a good telephone conversation and I will say again, My sympathy goes out to you for the loss of your father.
    As discussed during our conversation...the quilt is too small. I did not get what I ordered and your explanation is good enough for me. If in the future you continue this business or any other endeavor, just communicate with your customers. End of story. Forgiven. Your appology accepted.
    Mike

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I for one appreciate your willingness to provide a service to the hammocking community.
    Like someone told me, you're not getting rich on your labour at the prices you ask. Matter of fact, you couldn't make much of a living off it after figuring in time & materials<G>.

Anyone reading the thread where you first asked about the possibility of doing something like this should realize that it's a new venture for you.
    And I've seen lots of examples of how easy it is to get in over your head before you realize it, not only in the outdoor cottage industry, but construction & all kinds of business.

Hopefully things will smooth out so that you can find peace in sewing again some day. ...Tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Just wanted to weigh in with my two cents!

I, like most folks, ordered my quilt a couple of months ago. I was, again like most folks, disappointed by the long delay in getting my quilt. However I am very happy with the end result. I got my quilt & the craftsmanship is great. The questions I had in the interim & even immediately after receipt of the item were handled quickly.

The price I paid for my quilt was a steal. It was the best expenditure of my very limited funds. That is why I did it. Dwight & Amanda offered a service, & have marked the ways they can improve on it. I for one hope that they dont quit all together. I would order from them again if I needed to. Especially since they have addressed the weakness in their system so it wont be a problem going forward.

Thanks PW & PM!

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast