Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl
    Tarp
    MLD Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I've got the WBBB 1.0 Dbl and a 3 Season Incubator with 900 fill (standard now, I hear). It fits perfectly when snugged up, and I've had no CBS with it. I'm very happy indeed with it, and highly recommend the WBBB/Incubator combination - it is soooooo much better than a 3/4 length plus pad combo!!!!!!!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grampa View Post
    I've got the WBBB 1.0 Dbl and a 3 Season Incubator with 900 fill (standard now, I hear). It fits perfectly when snugged up, and I've had no CBS with it. I'm very happy indeed with it, and highly recommend the WBBB/Incubator combination - it is soooooo much better than a 3/4 length plus pad combo!!!!!!!
    Hope you're right! I have the exact same hammock and my 3S Incubator is being made right now. I'll be using it on an eight dayer in upstate PA starting April 1st. (assuming it gets here in time) I promised Adam I wouldn't bug him about the timeline. This doesn't count...right.

Miguel

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0dbl
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben w/door
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    The Force
    Miguel I bet you will get it just in the nick of time.

I generally agree with what grampa wrote except when I use the Gossamer Gear thinlight pad. It is so wide and flexible that I don't even notice it. All other pads I agree with his statement. I prefer full length quilts too but will add the pad for very cold weather.
    Bat
    Beginning my NOBO trip on the AT on 2/28/12.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    StormcrowIncubator
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    Just after views from anyone who has this combination. with the BB footbox, how does that affect the footbox area of the BB when you're in it? does the incubator stay in the right position and when your feet are in the footbox, does it put stress on the incubator and either move its position or compress the down?
    I've found that your feet can shift the incubator, but it's been kind of a plus for me because I can adjust it with my foot. Compression does not seem to be an issue and as long as you don't push on the elastic part with your toes, it tends to stay put.

The one thing I noticed is that I needed to tighten the suspension on the UQ quite a bit in order for it to fit properly. After it was fitted, it worked great.

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Fantastic performance from my incubator last night (on my WBBB) in horrendous weather. Think "Perfect Storm" for several hours. I did have to tweak it, but it was my maiden voyage with an UQ, and once I got it right, it was right. Not mentioned yet: the fabric Adam uses (mine is the OD green) does a respectable job of keeping water at bay. The right-side foot area of mine had quite a bit of water on it before I noticed the bounce-back/blow-under that was occurring underneath my tarp, and the down seemed perfectly dry. Coverage was A+.
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm hoping that a set of triangle thingies will also help. Does anyone have any experience of them with this specific setup?
    I have a 1.7 DL WBBB and winter Incubator. I had issues with the Incubator sliding off the foot box and/or my left shoulder during the night. I built a set of TTs to test out and they WORKED GREAT for me at least, but I really need some colder weather to truly evaluate the fit. What I did that others may not have done was to use the original suspension along with the TTs. On the lines running to my left shoulder and foot box (the trouble areas), I connected to the second loop back from the corner on the Incubator and tightened the shock cord considerably. On the other two lines, I connected to the corner of the Incubator and only tightened them slightly. The result was that the Incubator was pulled slightly out of its natural alignment, favoring the foot box and left shoulder. I won't get a chance to evaluate this in cold weather until winter, so I would ask anyone living in colder climates and owning this combination of gear to try it out and let us know how it worked.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12