Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    I cowboyed on the Zealand falls hut ... Only way to get away from the snoring or large groups inside.
    Oh man, the snoring at the huts! Add to it the people who talk in their sleep: kids with bad dreams, people who have hiking nightmares. You need earplugs at the huts. I'm not a hut fan.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Oh man, the snoring at the huts! Add to it the people who talk in their sleep: kids with bad dreams, people who have hiking nightmares. You need earplugs at the huts. I'm not a hut fan.
    Yeah. The funny part of that is the southbounderr who slept inside woke up to the sound of a little girl blowing cunks in the middle of the night.

I think if I do it again the only hut I would plan on staying at is Lake of the clouds. You could even skip that one. Skipping though would mean moving fast over a great area above treeline.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    Yeah. The funny part of that is the southbounderr who slept inside woke up to the sound of a little girl blowing cunks in the middle of the night.

I think if I do it again the only hut I would plan on staying at is Lake of the clouds. You could even skip that one. Skipping though would mean moving fast over a great area above treeline.
    You mean Lakes of the Crowds If you're in the Presidentials and you want to skip Lakes, Madison to Mizpah in a day is doable. It's a tough day, and I wouldn't want to be a northbounder doing it, but it's possible. Some info on the much longer and tougher Presi Traverse gives some interesting mileage and time data for reference.

Oh, and I wonder if it was a work for stay thru hiker who cleaned up the little girl's chunks?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    You mean Lakes of the Crowds If you're in the Presidentials and you want to skip Lakes, Madison to Mizpah in a day is doable. It's a tough day, and I wouldn't want to be a northbounder doing it, but it's possible. Some info on the much longer and tougher Presi Traverse gives some interesting mileage and time data for reference.

Oh, and I wonder if it was a work for stay thru hiker who cleaned up the little girl's chunks?
    No luckily it was the parents. I did hear of a northbounder who left a deposit infront of one to show is displeasure. He was later met by the rangers at a road crossing. If I was the hut croo I would have told a work for stayer to clean up his fellow hikers mess.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12