HH ULBPA, GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    3S Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Nano 7...Pictures added

My Nano 7 came in yesterday. WOW! I had an idea of what I was getting into reading the few reviews I could find, but this thing is impressive. The weight is unbelievably light, it packs tiny, and I am a big fan of the color. My 7/64" whoopies and 1" tree straps came in from AHE today, along with an adjustable dynaglide ridgeline. I've already put the whoopies and ridgeline on, and all that plus the straps fit inside the attached stuffsack. I attached them by passing the fixed eye of the whoopie through the end channel of the hammock, then passing the fixed eye of the whoopie through the loop at the end of the ridgeline, then passing the body of the whoopie through the fixed eye, and cinching it all down. It effectively made a larks head through the channel, with the ridgeline captured inside as well. I'm heading out on a short hike tomorrow morning and I'm taking this with me to play around with. I have no scale to give an exact weight, but I think if it was any lighter it would carry itself. For now I'm going to use trail sticks for toggles, but I might end up cutting an old aluminum tent stake in half and rounding the ends to use.
    Last edited by Dave41079; 03-20-2011 at 19:28.
    Visualize whirled peas.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    That's awesome! Keep us posted on how comfortable it is and how the lay in it is. I've been wanting one for awhile now and am just to scared to make the $80 purchase. I have the traveler which is 6" longer and 6" wider. Its alright to lounge in but it gets fairly uncomfortable pretty quick. Needless to say I'm scared of the smaller dimensions. Hopefully I catch one at a hang sometime and some is kind enough to let me lay in it.

Hammock
    HH ULBPA, GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    3S Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I got it for $50 new with free shipping on ebay. Not a bad deal I didn't think. I know if for whatever reason I don't like it I can recoup most of my money. Heading out today to try it out and see how it goes. Hopefully I'll have pics too. Something else to keep in mind is I'm not a tiny feller. 5'10, 225lbs so we'll see how she does.
    Visualize whirled peas.

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have four hammocks and I use the Nano-7 probably 70% of the time. Combined with Dynaglide whoopies and a ZPack cuben tarp, I am under 16 oz including tree huggers and tarp guy lines. I have not had a problem getting comfortable and getting a good nights sleep. YMMV.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    Nano 7 cannot be beat when it comes to weight savings and pack size. With the right suspension you have a rig that could easily fit into a cargo pocket of your pants. Pair that with an IX UQ and some cuban over your head and you have the ultimate UL setup. I'm almost there myself.

That said, I am smaller then most here (5'5") and I have to say that sometimes my feet have poped out over the edge. Also, I tend to want to shift from my back to side a few times in the night. Compared to my WBBB, I notice that I don't have as many options when it comes to how I position myself. What I'm trying to say is that the weight/size of the Nano7 comes at a cost. If you can fit in the hammock and not move around much, I think it's perfect. I am still learning to use mine and to figure out how I am going to use this in my quiver of hammocks.

Good luck with your's. Let us know how you like it.

~S

PS -If you get any holes\runs in the material, Tear-Aid (type A) works really well

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Wow, $50 is a great deal. I may just have to pick one of these up soon. I'm 5'7" so I think it should work well for me. I do like to sleep on my side as much as I can. I know I have a bit of trouble doing it in the bigger travel hammock.

Images
    The Nano 7 is too small for me. I went with the GT Ultralight. Used it on an over night trip recently and loved it. Still waiting on my zpacks cuben tarp. Gotta love the lighter weight stuff that works!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Deucalion, how tall are you?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thexuprising View Post
    Deucalion, how tall are you?
    I'm 6'2", 192lbs.

Hammock
    HH ULBPA, GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    3S Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well I took it out to the park that's 5 minutes from my house for a quick test, and the results are in. This thing is surprisingly comfortable. I'd say I'm on the top end of usable size for this, but I got a nice flat lay in it, and was even able to lay on my side. I set the ridgeline around 98" and it seems to be pretty good. That's longer than the recommended 83%, which would be around 90-91". I used the biners that came with the hammock instead of a marlin spike hitch and toggles. I may end up doing this regularly because it was easy, and I usually have a couple biners with me anyways. Here are a few poser pics. Last picture has whoopies, ridgeline, and tree straps all inside the sewn on stuff sack.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visualize whirled peas.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast