I strung up my blackbird 1.0 double in the basement this evening. I was going to go out for an overnight trek but my buddy ended up with the flu and I worked real late last night so I ended up at home tonight.

I have never hung a backpacking hammock before so this was a new experience. I have to say it is very simple. I have seen videos of how to get in to them and all, but until you crawl in to one its hard to "learn" off of someone talking. I didn't find any issues crawling in to mine. I did not have the bungee guy lines attached so the space inside wasn't much, but I got it to work for a trial hang with ease.

I did have to play around with the suspension. I did not get a good angle the first time and the ridgeline was too loose. This will take some getting used to.

The second thing I played with was a CCF pad between the layers. I found this to be a challenge. The pad is hard to position. I tried to maintain a flat lay going diagonal but I couldn't get my pad to fit that diagonal for some reason. Any tricks? My feet were always on the right edge of the pad enough that there wasn't any support from it.

I didn't get a chance to try out my termarest trail lite pad. Let me see how tomorrow goes.