Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Man if only I was an ultralight guy.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

More notes...

Porkbutter - I think it's the treatment that's causing the static. But you're right...it'll probably wear over time. Hopefully. Although static popping inside the hammock on a really dry night (like in Yosemite) makes for an excellent light show!

Hammock Engineer - keep making your stuff and you'll be there. Though the 6 oz pack is probably only good for overnighters or summer weekends for me. I wouldn't try to bring this on a thru-hike. Not yet, anyway!

TravelPod is up.
    http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGearTravelPod.html

I made this hammock with a zip-tie instead of whipping, too. Scroll down here to see a pic...nothing exciting, just a zip-tie on a hammock.
    http://www.tothewoods.net/HammockWhipping.html
    Last edited by Just Jeff; 12-04-2006 at 00:28.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Hammock Engineer - keep making your stuff and you'll be there. Though the 6 oz pack is probably only good for overnighters or summer weekends for me. I wouldn't try to bring this on a thru-hike. Not yet, anyway!
    Thanks. I'm working on it. I haven't added everything up in a while. But with the soon to be added gearskin instead of my heavy old pack I should be under 20 minus food/water.

Back on your pod. Do you think the bigger area inside vs Risk's version is good or bad? I wonder if the larger area will be harder for your body to heat. Or if after your body heats it, it will not make a difference.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Not good or bad - just different. Mine has more surface area to lose heat to the outside, and like you said more volume for my body to heat. So strictly heat-wise, his probably works better. That's why I'm considering making mine smaller.

But it sure is convenient having more room inside...especially if I want to put my head inside to escape the wind. The Pod is nowhere near my face, my gear can fit inside so I don't have to lose all of my heat to get to my pack, etc. Just a different piece of gear.

I'll probably get some use out of it before I decide if I want to cut it down or not. Or maybe I'll just add a zipper to my HammockSock v2, and keep one big and cut the other one down like Risk's.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Your pack has mine beat by 4.5 oz. I'm jealous. My hammock has yours beat by 8 oz.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ahem. Systems approach. My DownHammock weighs less than the Nest.

(It's not as versatile but I have the NS for that.)

But I doubt I'll be able to carry this pack in winter...I can probably just fit my three-season gear with two days of food in there.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12