Hey everyone, I just finished my first down-filled TQ and I want to thank Ramblinrev for the technical help as well as the confidence boost I got from his videos. They were a wonderful aid to make this go smoothly.

I would also like to mention Shug, Fronkey, Knotty, and everyone else that posted their DIY projects that caused me to start my own. Thanks alot! Like I didn't have enough to do already! J/K

Joking aside, the finished product weighs only 17 3/8 oz, which is lighter than I anticipated. This quilt is for my wife and she is a cold sleeper so it is only a summer quilt for her. After I make my TQ it will be on to UQ's and I'm thinking I might try IX instead of down. If anyone has any opinions for or against this I'm willing to listen to all advice.

My wife wanted orange to match her DN, so I purchased some ripstop nylon, thread, velcro, and cord locks at Fabric Warehouse(the headquarters is only 30 miles from my home) and ordered the 800+ fill down online from DownLite . $100 for 1 lb was fair price for what I could find online and the package is enough to make two TQ's. I finished it with 1/8" shcokcord that I bought for making tarp tensioners from Defender. I bought a lifetime supply of 160' (don't ask me why I do some of the things I do) so I figure I could use it as liberally as I please.

It only took me about half of a day to make it but it was stretched out over a weeks time. Hopefully my other projects will go quicker. All together I spent about $170 on all of the materials to make two TQ's so I feel that this was a good idea in the end even though it would have been much easier to order from some of the good craftsmen that belong to the forum. Trust me, there were several times (filling each baffle) that I asked myself why I was doing this but I'm happy in the end and my wife has been wearing it on the couch since I finished it. She even got frustrated with me trying it on her and taking it away to attach the velcro.

Once again, thanks to Ramblinrev and everyone else that posted their completed projects and advice. I never would have tried if it wasn't for this wealth of knowledge.

-Dan