Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hammock
    Claytor Jungle, DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, Speer TQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    I have a continuous tarp ridgeline made from 1.25mm line and I am in need of a tensioner! I looked at the figure-9 but it doesn't hold as the line is too small, does anyone have any ideas as I am all out as everything that I have found only works with 1.75mm line or greater, everything else slips!
    Hi Cranky Bear, on the final gripping wrap, you could try wrapping the line two or three more times than normal to make up the difference in diameter.

To keep the line from falling out of the gripping part, I wrap the line one more time around the tensioner, treating it as a small cleat.

I have been able to use masons line with a figure 9 this way without slip.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    I was already thinking cleat, and see that you've linked to one. I think a small cleat has real potential. You can attach to the RL by pulling a bight through the middle and pulling the bight over both ends, then you could put a small eye bolt sticking out the bottom of one of the mounting holes, and that could become the "pulley", for getting a little mechanical advantage. Might not be the lightest solution (or very elegant for that matter) but I may try to make one just to see if it works.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    I think I may have something. It hit me that I used to use this very method in a different application.

At 1:50 in Grizz's video - this was actually the first hammock suspension I used and it worked pretty well.

You can use this for your tarp ridgeline as illustrated in my attached picture. It worked extremely well in my backyard.

So, you attach the first end of cordage to the first tree, you would then wrap your 1.25 mil through your ring 3 times. Then around the second tree then back to your ring and tie it to the ring with a slippery half hitch or a slipped buntline.

To tighten, grab the cord on the left of the picture below (your starting end) and pull cord towards the ring while sliding the ring towards it. You can really rake down and get that ridgeline guitar string tight.

I used 2 mil and a descender ring for this but would work with a much smaller and lighter ring and hopefully your 1.25 mil.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    HH ULBPA, GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    3S Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    I think I may have something. It hit me that I used to use this very method in a different application.

At 1:50 in Grizz's video - this was actually the first hammock suspension I used and it worked pretty well.

You can use this for your tarp ridgeline as illustrated in my attached picture. It worked extremely well in my backyard.

So, you attach the first end of cordage to the first tree, you would then wrap your 1.25 mil through your ring 3 times. Then around the second tree then back to your ring and tie it to the ring with a slippery half hitch or a slipped buntline.

To tighten, grab the cord on the left of the picture below (your starting end) and pull cord towards the ring while sliding the ring towards it. You can really rake down and get that ridgeline guitar string tight.

I used 2 mil and a descender ring for this but would work with a much smaller and lighter ring and hopefully your 1.25 mil.
    This seems like the best solution so far. Simple, easy, and should be fairly light. My guess is you could probably even get away with a plastic ring, something like what's used for tarp guyouts.
    Visualize whirled peas.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234