A few posts lately on "how-to-stow your guylines" got me thinking about a simple fool proof way to keep the lines coiled, tangle free and ready to go.
I've tried several methods over time and some work and some don't.
Hanking the line is nice and has done a good job. But it left a bunldle of line exposed that eventually became tangled with another bundle. And for me, sometimes worked its way loose.

So I was thinking of a something that you could wrap the line on. I made a simple hourglass shape from a plastic lid and wrapped the line around that. That worked but was something more to carry and keep track of.
Or to lose. And it still left something dangling to snag on something else.

As I unwrapped the hourglass card, I was thinking if the card was attached somehow to the tarp. But that meant doing something permanent, like sewing the card to the tarp.
I sat there for a minute, holding the webbing tie out in my hand, when a lightbulb went off.....wrap the line around the webbing tie out!

So, I gave the guyline a wrap around the tie out and stuck the loose end back thru the larkshead, to see how well it would perform.
Gave it a good test, shaking, flopping, whipping the bundle everywhere, simulating a windy day or packing the tarp. Good! Everything stayed put! Didn't come loose, didn't unravel. Tried the wild shake again, still in place.

Tried it with mason's line, dynaglide, string, it all worked well.

So, on with the pictoral, for those who don't like to read. Or don't want to hear my rambling...

I started out with a simple overhand knot/bowline that I larksheaded to the tieout.
guyline wrap 003.jpg

Started the wrapping process. Not so tight as to crush the tie out.
guyline wrap 004.jpg

Down to the last little bit, this was 8 feet of a cheapo braided utility line, like masons line I picked up at the hardware store for $4 for 300 ft., iirc.
guyline wrap 006.jpg

Take the tail and guide it thru the larkshead loop and gently snug it up.
guyline wrap 009.jpg

Finished results. I call it the "bee-hive" . Simple and easy. When you need the line, pull the tail free and unwind from the tie out. No tangles. No knots. No bundle hanging out.
guyline wrap 007.jpg

So far it seems to solve the tangling issue. Easy to do with no special techniques, or fancy knot work. Stays put till you need it.

If I tried to yank it free without first removing the tail the bundle locked up and reminded my to untuck the tail. So fairly idiot proof, even for me.
Simple, easy and not hard to do.
Hopefully it will help others. Give it a try, and let me know what you think.