Ok, so I was practicing setting up my tarp last night in windy conditions. Needless to say I need some advice. Here is what I did,
I set the hammock up like normal, then I took out the tarp (Speer 8x10 cat cut) with the guylines he gave me. At first I set the tarp up below the hammock thinking when I lay in the hammock it'll come down. I also had it set up so it was being divided on the ridgeline. The problem with this is that when I sat down the wind would blow the tarp into my face. I couldn't guy it out any stronger because of the ridgeline.
Then I set it up a few inches above my hammock/ridgeline. This worked a little better but the tarp was still touching my hammock and when the rain is really coming down I don't want it to seep through. Oh yeah, it was obviously set up as an A frame. So, while I didn't describe it that well, can you still help me? I'd like to have it pitched taut enough so when the wind is blowing I won't have this issue.
Oh yeah, and I almost feel asleep in the front yard in the hammock in my peapod snug as a bug. I had to force myself out of it and go inside!