eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies

OH HAPPY DAY! (oooh happy day)

while stopping by a surplus store today, i noticed they had a hammock stand on the wall in a box. Its not necessarily the best (made by texsport) but it says it will support 500lbs. It shows it beiung used with a spreader bar, but i will have to make it work on a gathered end. BUT, the point is, I can set it up in the yard and let my wife "try it out". I have a feeling that 10 minutes in the hammock and she will "get it". I am sooo excited, but even if she doesn't like it, I can now hang anytime I want without having to drive 1.5 hours to the wilderness.

YAY

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Easiest way to make those stands work (assuming it is what I think it is) is to take the supports to a muffler shop and have them bend the pipes to vertical. Otherwise, gathered-end hammocks tend to bottom out when set with the appropriate sag and loaded. By making those attachment points go vertical, you get more height and a much better setup. The muffler shops don't charge much to do it, but make sure they get the angles right.

Congrats on the find.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    It Worked!!!!! my wife hung in our backyard for the first time. I wrapped her all up in stormcrow's custom quilts, all 900 fill of feathery goodness. She has already determined she wants a set of 3 season down quilts like mine. so stormcrow is going to get more of my hard earned money and I think paul is going to get an order from me too for some synthetic 3 seasons too. i am super excited and hopefully once we get second set of quilts i can get her to a local hang soon. the el cheapo stand worked too. going to have to get a second one so we can hang in backyard together.

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    oh, and I hung it by connecting 2 carabiners to the stock biner on the eno on each side, got it just long enough to connect it and firm enough so it doesn't sag. couldn't use the whoopies because they were too long and the hamock would droop too far. so items used are ENO DN, stock biners, and 4 black diamond climbing biners. It works for the back yard, thats for sure.

The st bernard thought it was funny to keep coming in and licking my face since i was at that perfect height.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Big Papi; 03-25-2011 at 10:58. Reason: adding pic

• + New Posts