I'm working on a RayWay-style tarp/dining fly made out of 2.2 oz/yd coated taffeta (got a new Campmor tarp at a good price that I cut up). I'm having trouble sewing the 4 layers needed for a felled seam and have not even been able to sew 3 layers needed for the hems (tested on fabric scraps).

I do okay with silnylon and 1.1 oz/yd ripstop, but my my machine, an old Necchi, can't handle the thicker fabric and multiple layers needed to construct the tarp or attach the 1/2" webbing used for the ridgeline and side tie-out loops.

Can anyone recommend someone who could sew this up? (I asked LeighLo, but she doesn't do tarps.) I can provide all the panels (2 top panels, 4 “beak” panels, 4 side pull-out circles), cut to size, along with all the webbing, again cut to size, for the ridgeline and side tie-outs, along with instructions. I could work with someone, if they're local to Nashville, TN, on the construction (reading instructions, etc.), and also drop-off/pick-up the tarp, again, if local to Nashville.

Your assistance will be very much appreciated.