View Poll Results: Longest time hammocking/camping without coming back for supplies?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3 Days

53 29.94%
  • 4-6 Days

54 30.51%
  • 7-9 Days

51 28.81%
  • 10 +

19 10.73%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Longest time Out

Here's a question I often wonder, what's the longest time that any of you have gone out hammocking and not come back for refueling?

For me, so far, the longest backpacking trip I've done was only 2 nights, 3 days, along the AT in Bear Mountain, NY, but that's because I've just recently started, this summer I think I'm going to be doing some AT hiking.
    I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

Images
    5 days before I hit resupply and a much needed shower. Wanesboro, VA to Bears Den Hostel along the AT.

my longest is 7 days and quite a few trips have been 4-5 days. On my two 7 day section hikes of the AT I carried 7 days worth of food.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion View Post
    5 days before I hit resupply and a much needed shower. Wanesboro, VA to Bears Den Hostel along the AT.
    But the one thing I love about camping is that as long as you can get a good fire going, you'll never really smell like BO, just campfire.
    I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I think my longest stretch was 9 nights; might have been 8.
    I was VERY hungry when I did get to town. Think I ate half my body weight inside of 4 hours. Don't want to do it again unless absolutely necessary.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    My longest time out was a six night trip. This year I'm only going to do 3 night trips but I plan on doing a 7 or 8 night trip next year.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Thinlight pad
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    I said 3, but maybe I should have read the question first. I've spent 3 consecutive nights in a hammock, but I don't hike, so while I may not have left the campground in those three days, it wasn't exactly wilderness backing survival stuff. It was just a bunch of people camping where one of us happened to be in a hammock. There was no need to "refuel." The people I camp with have, over the last 30 years, moved from "roughing it" to something that looks very much like a backyard party only where no one goes home at the end of the night. I keep waiting for them to change the location from the campground to a hotel. If the question is really what's the longest time you've spent hammocking away from civilization, then I guess my answer would be zero night.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 6'x8' Sil
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    12 days, 11 nights, but it was military training. Traveled about 180 miles. Total packweight when I left was about 55lbs, but we procured most of our food along the way. We only left base with about 2 days of food (4 MREs).

On the backpacking/hiking side, I think it was 10 days while I was in high school. We spent two weeks bushwacking in the Allegheny National Forest, but about 10 days in we hitched a ride in to Kane for some grease and sugar.

-Smalls

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 SL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* set
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    2 nights so far, but later in the year i've got roughly an 8 day trip planed

Images
    my longest time was four weeks

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast