Tarp
    ogee+zpack diamond
    Insulation
    jrb/hg downs+hh ss
    Suspension
    webbing+whoopies
    Images

my Jerry-chair is done! next: cooler bag

hi folks! i started out small in diy, like paracord bracelets and diy stakes. then i did the jerry-chair and i got the bug! just a few words about it before i move on to the other topic of this post.
    it was easy to make, i used jerrys blueprints as a starting point. it's made out of 'construction' tyvek.

i experimented with four different glues and something called kwikgrip (http://www.selleystrade.com.au/Kwik-...d/default.aspx) was the best. after curing, tyvek would tear into layers, but the glued surfaces stayed bonded. pva glue turned out to be the worst.

to reinforce some areas with a tape: i couldn't find tyvek tape, so Evan from terrarosa gear suggested spinnaker tape, that worked perfectly. he is a great guy, very helpful btw!

here is a photo of the chair:

i am thinking about making another one for my wife if she needs one. if not, any other ideas for tyvek use are welcome!

now, with all that out of the way i want - no: i need - a small food cooler to fit some perishables for 1-2 person, 2-3 day trips.

the walls must be soft, not rigid and internal size would be like two stacked VHS tapes/4 regular sandwiches.

does anyone know what materials are used in commercial cooler bags and where to get them? i do have a big one, but don't want to cannibalize it... i was also thinking about emergency blankets, bubble wraps and such, but don't have any idea how to layer them to be the most effective. the outher shell would be maybe white ripstop, the inside lining some thicker kind of plastic... and zips for the lid? all help is welcome! :-)
    Last edited by kobold; 03-25-2011 at 18:37. Reason: adding info

• + New Posts