Hamhocker got her Bridge Hammock

Hamhocker had read some threads about the Bridge hammock and wanted to try one out. She liked the idea of being able to lay flat in a the hammock. So for an early,early birthday present I bought her one. We got it yesterday and she was so excited that she ran out to meet the mailman who was delivering the mail. She even asked him if this was her hammock..like he would know

We took it out to the park to hang it before the rains set in. We left the instructions on how to hang it correctly on the dining room table so we just winged it. She got in the hammock and really enjoyed the flatness of the lay and how easy it was to turn over and lay on her side. She had problems laying on her side in another hammock plus she never felt comfortable.

She will get to try the hammock out next weekend since we have a backpacking trip planned.

I have attached a few pics from yesterday
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Images
    Allrighty then! Yeah baby!

Hopefully you had ~ 9'6" between the outer rings, which I think is the correct distance, unless they have changed that with the newer models. I finally put a RL on mine set for that distance so I could hang it with more precision. Or, the way I did it for a long time: with the bug net in place, just pull it until the net is tight, then back off a little bit.

It will be very interesting to see how the various pros and cons work out for Hamhocker! Good luck!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Expecting to see you both and the new arrival at Neo's May hang! Congrats!
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    Hamhocker had read some threads about the Bridge hammock and wanted to try one out. She liked the idea of being able to lay flat in a the hammock. So for an early,early birthday present I bought her one. We got it yesterday and she was so excited that she ran out to meet the mailman who was delivering the mail. She even asked him if this was her hammock..like he would know

We took it out to the park to hang it before the rains set in. We left the instructions on how to hang it correctly on the dining room table so we just winged it. She got in the hammock and really enjoyed the flatness of the lay and how easy it was to turn over and lay on her side. She had problems laying on her side in another hammock plus she never felt comfortable.

She will get to try the hammock out next weekend since we have a backpacking trip planned.

I have attached a few pics from yesterday
    I'm jealous, where did you find it, I hope online somewhere so I can get me one.

Hammock
    HH ULBPA, GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    3S Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Excellent! That's my same test hang spot. It's less than 5 minutes from me, and tons of well placed trees.
    Visualize whirled peas.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Allrighty then! Yeah baby!

Hopefully you had ~ 9'6" between the outer rings, which I think is the correct distance, unless they have changed that with the newer models. I finally put a RL on mine set for that distance so I could hang it with more precision. Or, the way I did it for a long time: with the bug net in place, just pull it until the net is tight, then back off a little bit.

It will be very interesting to see how the various pros and cons work out for Hamhocker! Good luck!
    I have no idea what distance we had it at. I just remembered the instructions said to find trees 12-13' apart which is what we did. I hadn't used the JRB's tri-guides before but we figured it out. It will take somemore playing with to get it right

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Expecting to see you both and the new arrival at Neo's May hang! Congrats!
    we are planning on being there. We always have a lot of fun. Not sure what we will be cooking up this yr.

Quote Originally Posted by muddog15 View Post
    I'm jealous, where did you find it, I hope online somewhere so I can get me one.
    I bought it from JRB. I keep watching the boards for a used one and they never seemed to popup. I figured we could always sell it on here if she didn't like it

Quote Originally Posted by Dave41079 View Post
    Excellent! That's my same test hang spot. It's less than 5 minutes from me, and tons of well placed trees.
    We may be back over there this week so we can hang it the correct way this time. I also want to attach the summer incubator to it before this weekend.

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Ewker:
    Tell Hamhocker that we are glad she got her hammock and is enjoying it. We look forward to seeing both of you at the May Middle TN hang.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Ewker:
    Tell Hamhocker that we are glad she got her hammock and is enjoying it. We look forward to seeing both of you at the May Middle TN hang.
    I will pass that along to her. She is excited about trying it out this weekend!

Who knows maybe one day she will join and post. Looking forward to seeing you both in May also. It is always a good time

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    Looks good! I have been trying out some other hammocks lately but keep going back to my bridge. I bet she likes it

See you on the trail sometime

Quote Originally Posted by hangnout View Post
    Looks good! I have been trying out some other hammocks lately but keep going back to my bridge. I bet she likes it

See you on the trail sometime
    Hopefully I can get her to give some sort of review on it after this weekend. We are going to Virgin Falls and it should be flowing with all the rain we are suppose to get this week.

We will be heading up to BSF within the next few months. I will let you know when so maybe we can get together for an overnighter

• + New Posts