Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    Still enjoying mine daily. I tried to put in my HH Explorer, but it's too long. My HH is soooo much more comfortable.
    Nonetheless, it's still more comfy than the seat or the floor.
    We must all learn to live together as brothers--or we will all perish together as fools. MLK

I saw a documentary about the South American truck drivers to the trailer once the bottom, hang a hammock in their sleep in the street....

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlion View Post
    yep thats it!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    HHBPUL, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Stock Hennessy Tar
    Insulation
    Exped 9 DLX
    Suspension
    Big Butt Whoopies
    Not likely the largest tarp set up, but probably the HEAVIEST.

I'd like to see somebody reproduce a DIY version of that covering...maybe even knock off a few grams.

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    back in the day i had a redneck-mobile with an early 90s suburban with a 12" lift and 44" tires....getting in SUCKED

anyway, i was between homes for a few weeks, and the dang truck came with basically a shelf that made a flat floor over the wheel tubs and supports on the ends. i had all my stuff under that shelf and a queen mattress on top. i LOVED that (hated the gas mileage tho) setup, but it would have been so much better with a hammock
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Ultralite Asym
    Tarp
    HH original
    Insulation
    DIY quilt
    Suspension
    DIY slings, cara..
    If you can not hang inside you could try one tree outside and the top hinges of your van back door as another tree.
    I can not guarantee if your hinges are strong enough your weight but take your precautions and do not blame me if you pull your door out of hinges trialling this

Also you need to remember to untie the hammock before driving off

Hammock
    DIY DL Channel end Sewn Poly
    Tarp
    Walwrld sq,B/R.non
    Insulation
    Cman S/B alteredUQ
    Suspension
    strpwks/rope/rings
    I was thinking of a similar idea with a modern minivan type vehicle. The idea goes something like this: On the inside ceiling of the vehicle, a bar possibly arched slightly matching the inside roofline would start at the passenger "A" pillar, and proceed across the center to the driver "C" pillar. Hook in points would be bolted/connected to either end of that bar. I thought that the bar itself would be taking most/all of the force pulling inward from the weight in the hammock. Seems to me that weight would be pulling on the car members only in a vertical position rather than trying to pull each towards the other. Maybe I'm nuts.
    I have the same idea for a possible indoors setup. Attach a solid beam along the ceiling to the rafters themselves. Possibly an upright along each vertical wall to help support the ends. The tie in points would be on the horizontal beam along the ceiling, not the verticals against the walls. That seems to me like it would accomplish two things. Spreading the load across multiple rafters, and making all the force vertical as the rafters were designed to bear. That might avoid the accident some people have with pulling wall studs out and such.
    (I currently have a version of "the $25 hammock stand" made with 1" plywood, and a couple other mods also. I have been sleeping in this setup for two years and five months with absolutely no problems. Funny thing is that I made this as an "experimental" setup with the intent of "making a better one later". Haven't "needed" to.
    Last edited by Knighthorse; 12-27-2011 at 23:47. Reason: Its late, and my grammar stinks, should be in hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345