Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    BB, thanks for your great suggestions. I did actually get all the gaps out after messing with it for a while. I had a couple things too tight and the main suspension too loose. I actually got it too tight at one point and it compressed the insulation just as you said. I loosened it up a little bit and it was fine. I never did get into any cold temps with it, though. I ended up selling it here on the forum a week ago or so. I'm going to get a custom Incubator (84x56) from Adam and Jenny, probably not until Adam gets back, though. I think I'm going to have them add loops on the sides like the Potomac so it stays put. Can't wait!

Thanks again,
    Chris

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    BB, thanks for your great suggestions. I did actually get all the gaps out after messing with it for a while. I had a couple things too tight and the main suspension too loose. I actually got it too tight at one point and it compressed the insulation just as you said. I loosened it up a little bit and it was fine. I never did get into any cold temps with it, though. I ended up selling it here on the forum a week ago or so. I'm going to get a custom Incubator (84x56) from Adam and Jenny, probably not until Adam gets back, though. I think I'm going to have them add loops on the sides like the Potomac so it stays put. Can't wait!

Thanks again,
    Chris
    OK then, you are welcome and enjoy custom incubator! Just be aware it can have the same problems, as any UQ can. They can all be "hung wrong". Except, I know the Incubator is dif cut so you probably don't have to worry about too tight unless it is tight enough to tear something. But too loose is still a potential problem.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Yeah, I realize I can have the same problem with any UQ but the Potomac isn't differentially cut like the Incubator. I also want an Incubator to save some room in my backpack. The Potomac isn't huge but in comparison to the Incubator it sure looks big! The 15 degree rating of the Incubator is something I really like because that's about as low as it'll get here in a normal Winter. This will really make up a 4 season set for me!Thanks again, BB.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345